Chapter 3

Putting the car back into the garage, I unbuckled Caleb from his car seat and took him inside after closing the door and locking it. 

Opening the front door, I was greeted with a growl. Not just any growl but a growl that was laced with alpha power. 

"Where have you been!?" Jace asked me angrily.

Glancing at Caleb, I noticed he was asleep thankfully. I didn't want him hearing this. "I was at the park with OUR son." I replied back

 “I'm sure it doesn’t take that long to go to the park. You should be careful with him; he’s the next heir to this pack and I can’t afford to lose him” He said to me as I stood their frozen from what he just said.

All this time, he just used me to give him an heir?!

“Well maybe if you were there for OUR son then you should have seen how happy he was just being outside! Is that all you care about!? The heir to the bloody pack!?” I shouted back at him, my anger rising to new heights.

“Of course I care about him, he’s my son” He replied back to me

“What is wrong with you Jace? This isn’t you! You weren’t like this when we first met. When we were engaged! I don’t understand! Did I do something wrong?” I asked him, tears threatening to fall.

“Nothing is wrong with me and you didn’t do anything. Let’s just forget about this, put Caleb down to bed.” He said to me and left.

Sighing, I made my upstairs and into Caleb’s room where I set him down into his small bed. I stroked his hair and kissed his forehead. I had Caleb with me if I couldn’t be with Jace but I just hope he won’t turn out like his father when he’s older.

“He’s acting different. You’re not the only one who’s noticed it.” Turning my head around, Elise was standing at the door. Her eyes held sympathy for me.

“I’m confused and I don’t have the reason why he avoids me and Caleb. I must have done something wrong because I don’t see anything that could affect him like this.” I said to her, my voice a whisper.

“A few pack members have noticed his behaviour change too. I try to talk to him about it and he changes the topic all the time.” She said to me while looking at Caleb’s sleeping form.

“If he doesn’t want to be with me then he should say something but he shouldn’t distance himself away from my baby. His son! Did you know that Caleb wanted his dad to come with him to the park today? Did you know what Jace did?!” She kept looking at me with sympathy and pity in her eyes.

“He said no to his son. He’s that ‘busy’ in his stupid alpha work that he couldn’t take out time for his only son.” I said to her my voice breaking at the end.

She came up and hugged me as I let my walls break and I cried. I cried because Caleb won’t get any love from his dad. I cried because I missed my Jace being with me. I cried for my unborn child that will suffer the same way as Caleb has.

“Take some rest Kayla and I’ll make dinner this evening.” She said to me while rubbing my back to soothe me.

Nodding my head, I made my way to my room and went to rest onto my bed. My hand went down to my stomach and I started to rub it. I will not let my children stay with their father and not get any love or care from him. Closing my eyes to let sleep take over, I thought about something.

It’s time Jace feels the pain I go through and I will make sure I get to the bottom of his story of why he avoids me.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~