Chapter 13

"How's Jace like in bed then?"

"Are you going to have more babies then if you spend all your time in the bedroom with him?" Lucy, my youngest sister said to me while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Eww. One, I haven't even slept with him for a couple of months now and two I don't think we are going to have any more babies..........at least not now." I lied straight in her face which made me feel guilty. I couldn't even tell my own sister that yes, I was pregant and yes, I did sleep with Jace.

Before she even had a chance to reply back to me, Carter my big brother by 1 year opened the door to my old bedroom and came in.

"Hey sis." He said to me as he flopped down onto the bed.

"How's life?" He asked me while smirking.

"It's good, how's yours? I heard your still working at the mechanics, 24 and mateless." I replied to him while smirking back at him.

"Ooooohh, buurrrnnnn" Lucy said whilst high fiving me.

"Hey, just because you found your mate and got tied down to him doesn't mean you be horrible to me about finding my mate." He said to me as he held a hand to his heart and mocked being hurt.

"I knew you never changed" I said to him whilst laughing.

"The amazing trio are back" He said to us as he hugged both me and Lucy. 

 "I missed you guys so much" I said to them, letting a few tears slip away.

"Well you're here now" Lucy said to me, smiling slightly.

"Where is my little nephew? I haven't seen him in aggeess" Carter said to me.

"He's with dad and Jace downstairs, apparently doing some 'bonding' as dad was saying" I said to them.

"Oooh, I think by 'bonding' dad meant the talk about hurting his precious wittle girl." Carter said to me as he started to mimick a child's voice and squeezed my cheeks.

"Stop that" I said to him as I swatted his hands away from my cheeks.

"CARTER, LUCY AND KAYLA, GET DOWN THE STAIRS; IT'S TIME FOR LUNCH." I heard mum scream out for all of us to come down.

"Last one down is a loser." I said to them as I ran out the room with Lucy and Carter closely behind me.

As I ran down the stairs, I looked behind me to see Carter and Lucy getting close to me. But when I turned my head to face the front, I bumped into someone that sent me falling back. I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to enter my back as I touched the floor but it didn't come instead I felt warm hands around my waist.

Opening my eyes, I looked into a set of bright blue eyes. For a minute I thought who the heck is the stranger but then I looked at the guy closely and realized it was Jace.

 "Slow down there, don't want you to get hurt" He said to me as he let me go of me and made his way into the dining room. I stared at his bum whilst he was going and he chuckled at me as I broke out of the stare.

'Dang, he caught me' I thought to myself.

As I made my way to the dining room, I noticed that Lucy and Carter were already sitting down, Lucy was with Caleb and sitting next to Carter.

"Looks like you're the sore loser Kayla." Carter said to me while smirking and I just punched his arm in response but it had no effect on him.

I sat down next to Jace as that was the only space available. I reached for the pasta the same time Jace did as our hands touched and we looked at each other. I broke from the trance that we were in and took my hand away from the pasta and reached for the boiled vegetables and mash potato. After Jace was done with the pasta, I put some of it into my plate.