Chapter 38

dedicated to Ari_forev for making the trailer > on the side

 Jace's POV

I was sat in my office for the past couple of weeks figuring out how to find Kayla. I had the map to the whole territory out and I just couldn't find anything.

Not on single clue or hint!

'Alpha, I'm kind of getting suspicious about one of our pack members' Zach my beta mind linked me

'What's wrong?'

'It's just...he's going off territory and he keeps looking around. I think he's making sure that no one sees him' He said.

'Follow him and make sure you hide your sent from him. If he's involved with the disappearance of my mate...his head will be mine' I growled out the last part.

'Always one step ahead of you; I already masked my scent'

'Quickly Zach, we don't have enough time' I said before I cut the link off.

I masked my scent before I ran out of my office and out the front door of the house where I shifted into my wolf. Running into the forest, I made sure that my steps were light and that no one could hear it especially our suspicious little pack member.

I stopped in my tracks as my eyes reached the moving figure. He was heading inside a abandoned cabin that looked like it was on the verge of collapsing. I shifted back into human form and looked ahead. The building was crawling with wolves and outside there were about 5-10 of them.

What was so important for him to be there?

"Alpha" Someone whispered my name as I looked back and saw Zach with a group of our pack members. Zach gave me a pair of clothes to wear which I happily took from him.

"He went inside. 6 of you go and surround the place; make sure no one gets in or out." I said to them as the 6 of them ran to do their job.

"The rest of you will come with me" I said as we stood back in the forest, waiting for darkness to come.

Once the sun had set and the moon had risen, it was time for us to attack. The guards around the house were immediately taken out.

Stepping out from the forest, I made my way inside the abandoned cabin. I shifted and took out the ones closest to me who didn't have a chance to shift before I tore off their heads. My wolf was in complete control and right now he was angry. He could faintly smell the scent of his mate and that's all it took for him to kill those who took her.