Chapter 25

Jace's P.O.V

 I woke up to an ache in my chest and my wolf was feeling restless inside of me but I shook the feeling off thinking it was just nothing.  Throwing the covers off of me, I stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom where I took off my clothes.

Switching the hot water on, I stepped inside the shower and let the water soothe my aching muscles. I didn’t take much time in the shower as I quickly washed my hair with shampoo and washed my body with a shower gel.

After my time in the shower, I was dressed in a navy polo shirt with black denim jeans that hung low on my waist. I was stood in front of the large mirror trying to fix my hair; the hair is what makes me stand out.

‘Kayla was the one to fall for your hair when she was with you’ My wolf said to me as he whimpered for the need of his mate.

Walking out the bedroom, I went downstairs into the dining room where breakfast was being served. I sat at the head of the table where every Alpha from my ancestors have sat including my father.

My father 

 I placed some pancakes onto my plate and added some blueberries onto it. I poured some coffee from the jug into my cup and added some milk to it. As I was eating, I noticed that everyone was seated but Kayla or Caleb weren’t here. 

‘They must have had an early breakfast and have gone out’ I thought to myself. Caleb must have asked her to take him to the park since he loves it that much.

After eating breakfast, I went into my office where a load of paper work was waiting for me.

‘I need a lot of coffee now.’ I thought to myself as I eyed the stack of paper.

Sighing, I sat down behind the desk and got stuck into the work.  Half the papers here were letters from different alpha’s around the world. Did they not know about emailing?

Reading one of the letters, I noticed that it one of the Alphas were inviting us to their party that they were hosting but by party they obviously mean that they want to talk about business and the party is just an excuse to be there.

Grabbing an empty piece of paper, I started to write a reply to the letter. I decided to ask Kayla later on perhaps if she wanted to go to this an maybe mingle with the other ladies there.

‘Zach’ I mindlinked my Beta.

‘Yes Alpha’ He replied back instantly.

‘I need you to come in my office now’ I said to him sternly.

‘Right away sir’ He said to me.

“Yes Alpha?” Zach said to me as he gestured for him to take a seat in front of me.

“You need to deliver these letters to the names of the Alphas written on these letters. Consider it a little vacation for your hard work since some of these Alphas live far away so you have to travel further. Make sure they are delivered by hand and they are sent to the right person; they contain valuable information.” I said to him as he nodded and then left.

 ‘Sir there has been sightings of a rogue near the border line’ Josh, one of the wolves I sent out to patrol the area, mindlinked to me.

‘I’ll be there as soon as I can, don’t harm the rogue; I want to question it first.’  I replied back as I made my way out of the office and out the house.

The sound of bones breaking and clothes ripping were heard as I shifted into my midnight black wolf. I ran in wolf form towards the borderline which wasn’t that far but it was long if I was running in human form. I ran passed tree branches and boulders along the way but nothing could stop me now.