Chapter 30

Jace's POV

It's been about a month since Kayla left with Caleb.

30 days since she left with my heart.

My mom wouldn't even look me in the eye sometimes because everytime she did she would notice betrayal and sometimes guilt in my eyes. She never questioned my actions neither did she shut me out like some of the pack members did as they were loyal to their Luna.

Going out on patrols nearly every night was my new job now. I kept thinking that someone must have kidnapped them and then dumped them somewhere but I think I'd be questioning my sanity then.

Everytime I shifted into my wolf it was painful, I think it was a sign from my wolf of how hurt he was. Once I was out in the dark forest, every now and then I smelt her scent sometimes lingering around bushes or trees but I knew that it was an old scent of hers as she used to come out in the forest to let her wolf be free.

Kayla always told me how she loved the feeling of being in her wolf form. She loved how the wind flew through her face and her fur as she ran. She loved it when I used to stroke her fur as it delighted her.

How I could do anything to be with her now.

Going through the border line, I checked one more time for any signs of Kayla and Caleb but sadly there was nothing but grass.

I ran back to the pack house but stopped outside the front door where I shifted back into my human form and hurriedly put on the spare clothes that were behind the flower pot.

I walked stiffly inside the house as I knew that I would be getting cold stares from the fellow pack members. Ignoring them, I went into my office where I was greeted by a blue gift box that had a neat silver bow on top of it.

Grabbing the box into my hand, I ripped off the bow and opened the box to find a small doll of a girl and a note next to it. The doll was wearing a red dress and blonde hair tied in a ponytail. Opening the note, I read the note that had formal writing on it.

I think it would be nice of me to give one of your precious items back. Meet me at the border line at midnight.

                   Celeste x

Looking back at the doll, tears welled in my eyes as I clutched the doll to my heart. She was coming back to me. To us.

Glancing at the round clock that was on the middle of the wall, it was only 10pm just two more hours left till midnight. I scrambled with the papers on my desk as I stood up from my seat and organised everything on my desk neatly.

The papers that I didn't need where chucked in the trash can that was near me. The documents that were once creased where smoothed out by me and left in a neat pile. Then I collected the scattered books off from the floor and placed them in the correct order on the shelves.

Once I was sure that the place looked tidy, I went upstairs to the untouched bedroom that no one was allowed to go into. Upon entering the room, I noticed that the room was still the same. The walls were a baby pink colour and the tiny bed that was made for a 6 year old was in the middle of the room.

A fluffy cream carpet was ahead of the bed and on the floor as a wardrobe was on the opposite side of the room. Everything was left the same way as it should have been. 

Deciding not to do anything about this room until she came, I left the room and walked into my own. I let myself fall back down on the bed as the stress consumed me.

Thoughts of Kayla, my son and my family consumed my thoughts. I just wanted to press the reset button in my life and start everything over again but this time not making those stupid mistakes I've made.