Chapter 27

“KAYLA!” Ella shouted my name “We have about 2 hours to get ready before the party starts” She said to me as she dragged me into her room. Our dresses were hung up on her door as the shoes were on the floor and the jewelry was laid across her dresser.

“Sit down” She said to me as she placed her hands on my shoulders and pushed me down onto the seat near the dresser. I was sat facing the mirror as I watched Ella take out her curling iron and plug it into the socket next to the dresser. She held it in her hand as she increased the temperature to make sure it was hot to give out good curls.

She parted my hair into two, taking one half of the hair and curling it piece by piece. Once she was done, she set the curler down and placed all my hair at the back as she sprayed hairspray onto it to maintain its hold.

Ella then proceeded to do my make up as I watched her through the mirror. Ella first applied Primer onto my face so the makeup could last longer on my face. Then she applied Concealer after the Primer, she put only a bit of concealer around my cheek area and used the tip of her finger to blend it in with the primer to make my skin tone the same colour.  Foundation was applied onto my skin to even out my skin tone, Ella was applying dots on the center part of my face and then she was blending the foundation outwards using a latex sponge applicator. She had now grabbed a brush and had applied loose powder over my face so that the foundation had stayed in place.

Grabbing a different brush this time, Ella had dipped it into a light pink colored blusher and used the blusher to brush it across my cheekbones. She then moved onto working on my eyes as she grabbed a small box of gold eyeshadow and dipped a brush into it. She brushed the eyeshadow across both of my eyelids and then used liquid eyeliner and applied it beneath the eyeshadow.

“Just the lips left” She said to me as she breathed out a sigh but I just giggled at her.

Ella grabbed a lipstick that had matched my lips and applied lipstick over the bottom and the top of my lips. She then applied clear lip gloss over the bottom as she made me smack my lips together.

“Done, now change into your dress and shoes while I do my own hair and makeup” She said to me as she pushed me off the seat and sat down herself. Shrugging her off, I made my way to were my dress was hanged as I took it off its hanger and went into the bathroom to change. 

 Taking off my clothes that I was currently wearing, I slipped on the dress as I was careful not to ruin my hair. The dress was a pink colour and it had black floral embroidery from the sweetheart neckline to the scalloped, tiered hem. I moved the zipper from the bottom of the side dress up till the top now I just had to put my shoes and jewelry on. Smoothing out the front of my dress, I walked out the bathroom to find that Ella had her hair done in an updo and she was nearly done with her makeup.

“Bathroom is free” I said to her as I made my way to the dresser and picked up my earrings that were gold-plated with a sophisticated teardrop silhouette. I took off the clutch from the back of the earring and placed the earring through my earlobe as I held it in place I put the clutch into the back of the earring so my earring was held in place in my earlobe. I did the exact same thing with the other earring to my other ear.

Grabbing my silver stone pendant, I clipped it around my neck as it settled above my breasts. The wedding ring that was always on my ring finger was replaced by a spiral ring as I grabbed the gold bracelet from the dresser; I clipped it around my wrist as finished off my look.

“Can you zip me up?” Ella said to me to which I did. I made my way to her and zipped up the back of her dress.

 She turned around once I had zipped her dress up and this time I saw the full length of her dress. It was cream colored around the top and a navy colour below it as it reached her knees. She wore black heels with it and paired the dress with diamond earrings, a crystal bracelet and a diamond ring.