Chapter 2: Disobey

A/N: Going to start doing dedications when I can.

This chapter is dedicated to BarbaraPonton. Thanks for voting and being the first to vote. It really means a lot.
_______________

Mack

I walk out of the bathroom, smelling of vanilla. My butt aches a bit still but I feel the discomfort going away as I heal.

I almost jump at the sight of Donovan standing emotionless at the corner of the room.

"Good morning, Don," I greet happily, sitting on the freshly cleaned sheets of the bed.

"I washed the sheets for you, sir," Don says with his voice neutral.

"Thank you."

He nods.

I sigh and lay down on the soft sheets.

"Don?" I ask, looking over at him.

"Yes."

"Do you know my name?" I ask out of curiosity. "You always call me sir, even when I ask you to call me by my name."

"No sir. King Kaden ordered me to not ask."

"Mack," I say.

"Pardon, sir."

"My name is Mack."

"Interesting name, sir."

"So I'll expect you to call me that instead of sir."

"Yes, s... Mack."

I stand up from the bed, suddenly bored and walk to the door.

"That would not be wise Mack," Don warns me before I turn the handle.

I ignore Don and turn the door handle and exit the room with Don following behind me.

"King Kaden will kill me," Don mumbles.

"Don't worry, it was my idea," I assure him. "So Don, where shall we go?"

"Back in your room."

I laugh and continue ahead.

•••

I hear loud rock music when I'm quite a ways from the castle. Rock is my favourite genre of music. "Where is that music coming from?"

"Come on, I'll show you," Don says gesturing with his fingers to follow him. I assume he has gave up with trying to get me back into my room and the castle.

We reach a building, Don opens the door to where I presume is the entrance and we walk in. The door closes behind me and I barely hear it over the music. My eyes begin to focus in the dark so I can see.

"Mack," a girl with crazy coloured hair yells, barely over the music and running over to me.

I'm amazed that someone could recognize me in a room with about a hundred other people.

I instantly recognize her and I run towards her. She brings me in for a bone crushing hug as we connect.

"I missed you," she says.

"I missed you too, Devon."

"Where has my best friend been all this time? Vampirism get you down," she says with a joking tone after we pull away.

"Spending time at the castle and in my room."

"And you never thought to come and visit me?" She fakes a hurt expression.

"I wasn't sure if you stayed in the castle or got your own place in town. I'm guessing I should have went with the latter."

"Damn right. Did you say you were spending time in the castle? Only special people get to stay there."

"I guess I am special in the eyes of King Kaden."

She gives me this look before taking my hand and leading me to a couch. Probably deciding that we should talk in private.

"So how have you been Devon?" I ask.

"Great, the bloodlust is somewhat constant and annoying."

"That's great except for the bloodlust part," I say.

"How about you?" She questions.

"I've been better."

"What happened?" She questions worriedly.

"Well I have a boyfriend but nobody knows we're together, which really pisses me off."

"Oh, that's tough."

"Which is part of the reason I'm here at this club," I admit. "I never knew this place existed."

"Well its only exclusive to vampires. Hey, do you want to dance?" Devon asks me.

"Uh, sure but I don't know how," I admit.

She chuckles. "Neither do I."

We dance for a while until I need a break and I tell Devon that I need to sit down. She grabs my arm instead and leads me to the bar.

"Two bloods with rum," she tells the man.

He makes the drinks and hands them to us. I take a sip and grimace at the strongness if the rum.

"I take it you never had a drink before."

I shake my head.

"The burn will pass."

I take another sip, agreeing with what she said.

After two drinks I'm not drunk and I don't know why. I asked Devon why and she just slurs incoherent words.

Devon starts to grind on me, her butt rubbing against my member. I feel no hardness down there and feel very uncomfortable.

Devon turns around and kisses me. "Lets get out of here."

"No."

"Come on, it'll be fun."

"No."

"But--"

I'm then pushed backwards.

"He said no so lay off bitch."

I can feel myself loosing consciousness. "Baby, I'm going to fall over." I didn't mean the word to slip out it just did.

Kaden puts his arm around my waist and lets me lie on his shoulder. "I got you princess."

I hear gasps and whisperings from the crowd and Kaden whispering fuck before I pass out.

____________

A/N: Oops, I guess the whole club found out that Kaden is dating Mack. How do you think this is going to play out? Good or bad?

So, in this book alcohol does have an effect on vampires but but they wear it off pretty fast. Just if you were wondering.

Thoughts about Devon? Don?