Chapter 17: Drinking

Mack

I hear the door unlocking from the other side. I swallow, nervous for what I am planning and I move my arms back around the chair and lower my head. Let's hope Alex thinks I'm dead and that's the reason he returned. He will get a surprise when he enters the room. I'm not dead and I'm not to die today.

His heartbeat is loud in my ears and I can feel my fangs painfully extend from my gums as his boots thomp against the concrete floor as he approaches me.

I don't dare to move an inch to give away my living form. He stops in front of me and I stare down at his boots as his hand touches my face. He lifts my chin and my eyes are unfocused as I look into his brown eyes.

Both of us are quite as his hot palm cups my face. Moving as quick as I can muster, I take his arm and throw his body across the room. I hear the thump of his body contacting with the wall and the crack of multiple bones.

I stalk over to him on the floor as he is powerless to stop me.

He coughs up a mouthful of blood and the red crimson stains his face and trickles down his neck.

He turns to me, pain evident in his eyes. "Red, if you kill me, there will be more of us and they will come for you. We are tired of the vampire royalty thinking that they can control us. They've killed so many humans, we are due to kill some vampires."

I kneel down next to him and lean over his body. I bring my face close to his neck.

His breath hitches, but he continues speaking. "I know you were forced to be a vampire and I can help you. If you let me live, I can give you your old life back."

I growl, my fangs digging into my lip. "I don't want it back. I hated my parents and I hated my life. Becoming a vampire was the best thing that happened to me."

I don't let Alex continue speaking and sink my fangs into the flesh of his neck. Immediately, his blood floods into my mouth and luckily it is not poisoned. The taste of his blood is like a restart and the crappiness I've been feeling for the past few weeks melts away, until I cannot feel an ounce of sickness. It's like I was just injected with a shot of caffeine while falling asleep. Alex goes limp under me and I feel the vein go dry. I make sure to drink it all away, so there is no way this psycho will come back.

Once he is dead, I move off his body and exit through the metal door and leaving him here. Opening the door and looking around the lighted hallway and hearing no movement, I leave the room for the first time in weeks. I'm grateful for the sunshine as being in that dark room messed with my mind.

Walking down the hallway, I don't hear or see any movement. Alex may be working alone or he kept me in this house with no one else. He lied to me many times and I have no reason to tell the truth. I'm thinking that he told me about more like him so that I would spare his life. Huh, looks like that worked out for him.

Feeling as if it's safe, I run down the hallway and through the house towards the front door.

Opening the front door to the home, just steps from freedom, I step outside and I start running.

________________

A/N: Hey, so this chapter is well overdo. Good news is that the book is almost done. A book that nearly took me three years to write should be finished by the end of the year, it will be finished. Don't know how many continued this story with my extremely crappy schedule and writer's block.

It took me so long to write this book that I'm an entirely new person and half of the things I've written I do not remember.

I don't want to say I'll edit this book to make it more cohesive because we all know how that works out for me.

Thank you for reading. There is only two chapters left, including an epilogue.

:)