Chapter 13: Discovery

Mack

Waking up with a pounding headache and pain surrounding your body is not a very delightful feeling to wake up to. I open my eyes to a dark room with brick walls, however, nothing else is in the room. I'm somewhere unknown to me but, my pounding headache stops me from examining possibilities. I long to close my eyes once again, however knowing sleep is not worth the effort.

I hear the scuffle of footsteps, followed by the pounding of blood and even breathing. The door creaks as it opens and light filters in. This probably means the door is quite heavy. The overhead light switches on and the colour orange fills the room.

I lift my head and my eyes are joined with Alex's, who looks less kind than usual.

"How did you sleep?" He asks quietly.

I glare at him, pulling against my restraints. "Don't act like you care. We both know you don't."

"I was hoping to spark a conversation with you," he explains while walking closer.

"Why even bother with the small talk when its clear you have other things in mind?"

"I've taken a liking towards you and I would rather not hurt you," he explains solemnly.

"Why even hurt me in the first place? How did you even know I'm a vampire?"

"I've been around vampires for my whole life and I'm able to tell fairly quickly."

"But why hurt me, if you don't want to?"

"I don't want to, however, I have to," he responds and leaves through the metal door, ignoring my attempts to question him further.

I glare at the metal door as soon as he disappears behind it, feeling a chill in my bones. I do not know his motivation for bringing me here or even why he doesn't want to hurt me. I know I'm not getting out of this room any time soon, which will give me to opportunity to learn more about my captor. It's just my luck that something like this would happen to me.

•••

I hear the creak of the heavy door not that long later. However, it could have been a day or more, I wouldn't know considering it is always dark in here.

I lift my head slightly and squint at the bright light from the hallway.

"Are you ready to torture me, or whatever you're planning on doing with me?" I ask him, my voice scratchy from not consuming blood for a couple weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to starve me too.

Alex doesn't speak. The only indication that tells me he's in the room is his heart beat and breathing.

I don't speak either. I don't want to accidentally antagonize him more than he already is. But I'm getting nervous as to the reason he's even in the room again.

"I've already started torturing you, Red," he says flatly. All emotion he expressed from before is gone. "How's the throat?"

"You tell me. You can hear the dryness when I speak," I respond, attempting to refrain from cringing at the burn in my neck.

"Good. That will make the process go by quickly."

"Are you just going to starve me until I die? One of which is not a quick process."

"I will make you weak and that's when I start marking the skin. That is more painful than what your experiencing now because without fresh blood in your system, your body will heal slower."

"Why starve me first? I will become weak if I lose too much of my own blood. That would be a faster process."

"Don't question it. This is the way I wish to do it," Alex exclaims, defensively.

"Whatever you say," I mumble.

He lets out a breath of air and leaves the room once again. This time I hope he'll only return when it's time to cut my skin open. The smell of his blood in a small room is too tempting.

___________

A/N: Unedited (just wanted to publish this as soon as possible).

I apologize that this chapter took so long to be published, writers block is horrible and school is not helping. I hope this chapter was worth the wait:)