Chapter 3: Consequences

Kaden

I set a sleeping Mack on the bed in our room after what just occurred, tucking him under the covers. I feel stupid because I should have known that Mack would become bored staying inside the room all day, but I never saw him as a partier. It's my fault he's unconscious.

I didn't want to answer anyone's questions or confirm anything as I left with Mack. It's not that I'm embarrassed of Mack, I'm just scared of the way people will treat him once I confirm our relationship. People might be homophobic. But on other note, be labelled as King Kaden's boyfriend and everyone will only know him by that name. People will expect him to do things like welcoming the new vampires to the castle, collecting blood from the human world and much more. I remember when Mack told me that he was forced to be a vampire so I don't want the responsibilities that I have to do be also his job. 

We also had privacy because nobody knew what occurred in this room when the 'do not disturb' sign was up. I could do all I wanted without people's knowledge. That was one of the things I enjoy by being in a soundproofed room.

Light knocking on the door breaks me from my reverie. I kiss Mack softly on the forehead before rushing over to open the door so Mack does not wake from the noise. I open it and slip outside.

"I'm so sorry, master Kaden," Don apologizes to me quickly. "Mack really wanted to leave the room and I couldn't talk him out of it. Please don't be upset with me."

"It's fine. I know it was not your fault," I tell Don, calmly.

But on the inside, I'm fuming and blaming the girl that got Mack drunk intensely. I have never hated a person more.

He looks visibly relieved. "Thank you."

"No problem," I tell him, meaning it as a farewell but he doesn't depart.

"I'll just go back inside the room," I finally say, opening the door and slipping back inside.

I turn around as I close and lock the door. Mack's looking beautiful with his hair ruffled and his body rolled into a tight ball.

I walk over to the bed and lay down next to him, getting under the covers and wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him to my chest. He untangles from himself and lays his head in the crook of my neck. I kiss the top of his head and he sighs softly in response. It makes my heart swell when my boyfriend is happy, even after all these months.

I close my eyes and slowly feel myself drifting off to sleep.

•••

I knock timidly on the door to his room. I offered to let him stay at the castle for no particular reason that I feel like sharing, but let's just say I don't let just any person stay here.

The door doesn't open for a few long minutes and I almost leave, convinced he's not home but that's when the door cracks open. Open enough for me to see Mack on the other side. My stomach gets this weird feeling that I have never felt before.

"Yes?" Mack asks, sounding happier than he was a few days ago.

"I was just checking to see if you were okay, because of the other day thing," I say, my voice shaking a bit.

"I'm not that okay. I have to still get used to my life."

"I'm here for you if you want to talk."

"Do you say that to everybody?" He says, quietly.

"Yes, but I actually mean it when I say it to you."

Mack awkwardly looks down as a small smile appears on his face and he opens the door to its full amount. I take that as he's letting me in his room and I don't waste time scurrying inside.

•••

My eyes open as the body that I have wrapped to my chest is ripped out. I follow where Mack goes and he runs into the bathroom, slamming the door. I hear gag sounds from the door and get out of bed to comfort him.

I open the bathroom door and sink to the floor and rub Mack's back as he throws up.

"I am never getting drunk again," Mack grumbles between gags and coughs over the toilet.

"Good because I never want you back there."

Mack flushes the toilet, signifying that he's done throwing up. He turns around so we're face to face and my hands lay lightly on his hips.

"You don't have to be jealous."

I grit my teeth. "Why? She was literally telling you to have sex with her." I try to relax my fingers from clenching so I don't hurt him.

"But I didn't agree," Mack argues, turning around to look at me.

"Are you going to speak to her again?"

"I don't know."

I remove my hands and am about to stand up but Mack grabs my hands and keeps me planted on the floor.

"I love you, Kaden."

"Okay," I mumble.

Mack moves closer to me and moves his head so our lips are barely touching each others.

"I love you, only you."

Mack moves his head until our lips touch. Neither of us move, lips just attached until I give in and move my lips against his slowly. Mack begins to move his lips with mine and tangles his hands in my hair. I push him lightly on his back and rut our members together when there is a knock on the door.

Mack and I both groan. It's my fault for not putting the 'do not disturb' sign up. I kiss Mack's forehead before standing up and leaving the bathroom.

I awkwardly hide my semi as I open the door. Upon seeing who it is, my fingers and teeth clench. It takes all my willpower not to kill or hurt this person.

She smiles. "Hi, is Mack here? I wanted to apologize to both of you."

I slam the door in her face.

____________

A/N: Sorry it took me so long to update but here's a new chapter. That ending though, lol.

Thoughts? Predictions?