Anger

Edmund's POV

The manservant came running in clumsily. "M'lord..." he panted.

"Spit it out. Did you find Juliet?" he demanded patiently.

"M'lord..we...we..." the manservant stuttered and hurriedly wiped sweat of his face.

Edmund got up, stalked towards the manservant and grabbed him by the collar. "I demand you to anwer immediately. If not, you can get someone to collect your dead body."

The manservant swallowed his saliva and trembled. "M'lord, I fear that none of our men have found the whereabouts of Lady Juliet."

Edmund's face turned dark and raised his hand. The manservant cowered and braced himself for the impending slam and for the ring of pain to occur. 

"Pardon me, I've lost my temper." Edmund lowered his hand and closed his eyes. 

"Please do not apologise, sire," the manservant stammered. 

"Tell our men to continue searching. Mobilise all the staff if you have too. Finding Lady Juliet is my utmost priority right now," Edmund gritted through his teeth. 

"As you wish, m'lord," the manservant bowed and hurriedly left the room.

Sighing, Edmund stumbled over to his wine cupboard and grabbed the most expensive Bordeaux wine one of the royal relatives had bought for him a few years back. Renowned for its spiciness and ability to knock people out, the Bordeaux wine was just what he needed.

"Is that the infamous Bordeaux wine I see?" A loud, unmistakable masculine voice boomed. Annoyed, Edmund looked up to find Captain Jack striding in confidently.

"I thought you were out at sea this month." Edmund frowned.

"Nay, the storms were too fierce. I'm setting out a week later," Captain Jack said cheerfully and eyed the glass bottle in Edmund's hands. "My dear friend, shouldn't you be preparing for your wedding with Lady Juliet? Why are you nursing your soul with the infamous Bordeaux wine which is guranteed to knock you out?"

"You won't believe what happened, my friend," Edmund replied darkly.

"A tiff?" Captain Jack lounged on the armchair. "Trust me, women are fickles creatures. I've had my share of arguments with women. Apologise to her the next day with a bouquet of roses and she will allow you into her bed once again."

"Jack." Edmund closed his eyes. "Juliet is missing."

"WHAT?" Captain Jack leapt up, his dark eyes flashing. "Why did you not tell me earlier?"

"I just discovered it this morning."

"She became a runaway bride?" Captain Jack wrinkled his eyebrows. "Atypical of the lady."

Suddenly, Juliet's words flashed across Edmund's mind.

Captain Jack's my father Edmund.

Should he tell him? "Jack-" Edmund started. 

"Yes, my friend?"

Maybe not. This was after all, Juliet's story to tell. She would want to tell him personally. "Nothing," he muttered.

"Don't worry, my friend. I will get my crewman to help search for Juliet too. They have nothing to do until we set out to sea and this will give them something to do lest they go to the whorehouse and start getting drunk and womanizing." Captain Jack patted him on the shoulder. "Rest early, my friend. You need energy and your dark eye rings are prominent."

"'Tis not a time to worry about my flawless face."

"Aye, I agree," Captain Jack said gravely. "Shall I....help you finish your Bordeaux wine?"