Engagement

A/N: Let me stress this again. It happened in my other story. Just because both of the characters are getting married/engaged per say, it does not mean that the story is ending. In fact, the story's far from ending for MFL. Yup, just to clarify so that I don't get repeated questions.

"What are both of you doing, if I might be polite enough to ask?" Titania demanded. She stalked haughtily towards both of them and glared at her sister. "Were both of you kissing?"

"Well, I, we, were," Juliet stuttered.

"Yes, we were," Edmund cut in. "Do you have any problems with that?"

"Why, yes!" Titania sounded scandalized. "Why would you of all people be kissing my sister?"

"Why not?" Edmund asked coldly. He looked displeased and his eyebrows were furrowed with frustration.

"I don't have any ill intentions, sister," Titania retorted, swishing her blonde hair back and forth. "But you don't have the looks nor the grace to attract any men."

"Titania!" Juliet gasped. Her throat constricted. "Why do you've to say all these hurtful things?" she whispered hoarsely. "Am I not your sister?"

Titania glared at her. "If you were my sister, you wouldn't snatch my man."

"Pardon me?" Edmund gritted through his teeth. "Did I hear myself being described as a woman's possession?" This was a tremendous insult to an earl of his rank.

"I'm sorry, m'lord." Titania bowed, bending forward to reveal her ample bosom. "Though what I said was the truth. My sister knew for a fact that I fancied you and if she really loved me as she claimed, she wouldn't have snatched you away!"

"Please, stop," Juliet sobbed. Titania's words stabbed her heart. Her beloved sister was turning against her.

"Mercy." Edmund sounded disgusted. "I have never met such a shameless woman like you."

"Me? Shameless?" Titania looked horrified. "M'lord, you're truly mistaken. The truly shameless one here is Juliet, my sister. She lured you to this isolated corner and attempted to seduce you."

"What happened to you, Titania?" Juliet whispered. "You weren't like this before."

"Calm down, Juliet." Edmund wrapped his arms around her. "You've never realized this before but this is the true self of your sister."

"M'lord, please, take a look at me." Titania stepped forward. "Am I not beautiful? Am I not more graceful? If you choose me, I will provide you with everything."

When Edmund didn't reply, she continued, "My sister has no experience with men at all. I, on the other hand, can provide you with unimaginable pleasure." Titania winked flirtatiously. "M'lord, you're one of great wit and wisdom. Surely you know the right choice to make."

Juliet stared at her sister. Why did she not see this side of Titania before? It was then she realized that it was all along there. Her sister didn't become like that overnight. She had just chosen to ignore Titania's actions because she wanted to believe that her sister was the same as the innocent young girl years ago.

"Was what Cedric said true then?" Juliet whispered. "You've slept with countless men before? You're truly a whore?"

"Don't call me that word," Titania lashed out. "I'm no whore. At least I don't go around pretending to be demure and weak like you. I wanted power and the only way to do that was to please men. Besides, it's not as if any of those minded."

She  then gestured to Edmund. "Even the honorable Lord Edmund here would be tempted if a naked woman was placed in front of him. If you truly believe that he's that loyal, you're a fool, Sister."