Farmer

"All you have to do is plough up a bit of dirt, put the seed in and cover it," Sarah explained. "Make sure they are neatly separated so that the roots won't tangle with each other when they grow." 

"I understand." Juliet nodded and held up the shovel carefully. She was born a noblewoman and had never done hard labour. True, when her family fell on hard times, she had to help Sophie with the housework but she had never worked in her whole life but she was staying at Francis' house and it was her duty to help them.

As Sarah and Millet started work, Juliet followed suit and carefully placed the tomato seeds inside the dirt. Time passed slowly and she perspired as she worked her way down the row of seeds.

"Sisters! How can you let Juliet work so hard?" 

Juliet looked up and saw Francis bounding down the battered path. He was covered with dust. "Don't come near us lest your dust land on the plants," Millet called out.

Francis pulled a face. "You okay Juliet?" he asked.

Juliet smiled and nodded. "I'm fine. You should take a rest."

"Nah, I'm still needed at the straw mill." Francis sulked. "I just came by to check if you were okay. Lest you get overworked by my sisters and die of heat exhaustion."

"Mercy, Francis, can you stop spouting nonsense?" Sarah muttered. 

Juliet laughed. She loved the interactions between Francis and his sisters. It was...completely unlike Titania and her. Thinking about her sister made her heart ache. They never talked so carelessly and since young, there was always friction between them. She wished she had a brother like Francis and sisters like Millet and Sarah.

The only person closest to a sister was Syvil and she....she...Tears suddenly dripped down from her eyes and Juliet wiped them off quickly. 

"Francis, what did you do to make poor Juliet cry?" Sarah hissed.

"Nothing!" Francis held up his hands. "I swear I did nothing." He examined Juliet's face. "Why are you crying?"

"Just thinking of my friend," Juliet sniffed.

"She died?" Francis asked plainly.

"Francis! Be tactful!" Sarah scolded. 

"If you don't want to share, it's really fine Juliet," Francis said reassuringly.

"It's fine." Juliet shook her head.. "My friend....she was taken advantage by my a man and she unfortunately ended up pregnant. Her fiance....abandoned her and she went into depression and is presently in a mental asylum." Her heart swelled up with emotions. Syvil was so sweet and kind to her when no one else were. She didn't deserve to be treated like unwanted garbage. 

"That man is a bastard," Francis said. "If Syvil was my fiance, I will take a knife and chop that man up."

"FRANCIS. LANGUAGE!" Sarah shouted. There was a ghastly and disapproving look on Sarah's face.

"Keep your corset on, sister," Francis muttered and his face suddenly brightened. "Do you want to visit her?" 

"Can I?" Juliet looked up in surprised. "The asylum she is in is all the way in London. We are in the countryside."

"The town is not far from here. We might need to take a horse carriage though." Francis suddenly smiled slyly and walked over to where his sisters were working hard at plowing the soil. "Sarah, can you please give me some shillings for a trip to London?"

"Oh, now you are seeking help from me?" Sarah rolled her eyes. "I thought you told me to butt out just a minute ago?"

"Please." Francis smiled. "I'm your only brother."