Trying, Yeah and Vulnerability

Zayn's POV

3 Days. Three Full Goddamn Days.

Not even a single reply to my 12 texts and 3 calls!

What happened?

I swear, I want to fly back to Bradford and see what's up with her. I really hope she's fine.

Did something happen to her? That almost broke something inside me.

But why do I care? I need to stop thinking about her. I haven't barely decided a single song of my next album and it's almost November.

I stare at my phone, scanning it as I see Gigi's name at the top of the screen.

For the paparazzi, I had to pair up with someone and an American Model like her would do a great job according to the management head.

It's almost boring to do all this acting. Indeed Gigi is beautiful and all but she doesn't have the type of intelligence I want in a girl. I want a girl with a sense of humor, sensible humor like Iris.

And here I am, thinking about her, yet again, when I decided to stop barely a minute ago.

Gigi might be the A1 grader in her childhood. But that's not what I look for in a girl. I want one with witty comebacks and just natural intelligence about how to react to situations and about what's the best thing to do.

I decided to text the one I was thinking about while composing all that. She ain't replying but trying won't hurt.

*

Me : Iris, are you okay? Is everything fine?

*

After a couple of minutes, I was about to get up from the couch to get something to eat when,

*Poing*

I almost jumped with happiness, a stupid smile never leaving my face. I bet a hundred dollars that I looked like a schoolgirl who just got a text from her crush.

*

Iris : Yeah

Me : You sure? Where were you the last 3 days? Why did you call? Is everything okay?

Iris : Yeah

Me : Iris, do not lie. I can catch that. You never really reply with one word.

Iris : Yeah

Me : IRIS? Are you even reading what I'm texting you or just typing in 'yeah'? What's the matter?

Iris : Yeah

Me : IRIS LISTEN, WHAT HAPPENED?

Iris : Yeah

Iris : Uhm, nothing. Sorry. I was a bit busy. I was thinking something and dozed out, you know.

Me : No! I don't know! Because you aren't telling me that what in the hell happened!

Iris : Yeah, I'll talk to you later Nyaz

Me : You better

Iris : Bye

Me : Bye

*

That was awkward. She wasn't very happy. Or sad. Or angry. Or anything. She almost sounded vulnerable.

Gosh, I sound like a lovesick puppy.

My conscience mentally facepalm it's imaginary face, yet again.

But one thing, I need to say.
Iris is a mystery, one difficult shit for even Holmes himself.

------

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X