Car Keys, Battery and Subway Surfers

Iris's POV

I checked my watch, 8:45 p.m. I think that I should leave now or else I'll be late.

What I've been doing all this evening? Thinking about why Zayn wanted to meet me. That's all I have been thinking for the last 2 hours.

I was all ready, dressed up in my blue denim jeans, red shirt and green sweatshirt. After bickering with myself whether to leave now or five minutes later, I decided to leave. Punctuality.

I went downstairs to see mum, dad and Eric standing in my way.

"Uh, yeah?" I asked, awkwardly.

"Where are you going miss?" Mum asked.

"Uhm, I actually have some stuff to do before the new year starts so I have to complete that up. I'm just going to go and finish it up. I'll be back in half an hour. I'll meet you directly at that function and yeah, Eric, can you please lend me your keys? I am kinda not able to find mine." I said

"Yeah." Eric replied, taking out his car's keys from the shelf and handing it over to me.

"Be sure to be on time. Your dad's office has organised the function and we don't want people asking that where are you!" Mum said

"Yes mum, of course." I replied.

I quickly left home after checking the wall clock. It's 9 already. I think I'm late. Oops.

I quickly switched on the car and started to drive. After a couple of turns, I saw something that caused me to almost faint.

There was at least four miles of traffic. Of course, it's new year! Damn. I should've thought about that earlier!

This will take 2 hours to cross this traffic jam at least.

I decided to text Zayn in order to tell him that I'll be late. I don't wanna keep him waiting.

I am not talking to him but still, I don't want to make him stand in the cold night.

*

Me : Zayn, I am stuck in a traffic jam and I won't be able to reach before 11

*

I pressed send and guess what's the most cliché thing that could've happened? The battery died. My phone switched off.

Damn, I shouldn't have played Subway Surfers for that long!

"Ugh, what are you gonna do now Iris? What now?" I muttered to myself.

One thing is sure, this is not gonna end well.

----------

I know, another small chapter. But that's a double update! :D

Anyways guys, I'll post the blockbuster chapter on 31st. Gonna make your new year better with something great.

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X