Book Lists, Birthday Girl and Millionaires

Zayn's POV

I felt so insulted, so bad, so dumb. It almost broke my heart. I was so naïve to think that she might be different, different than other girls.

*Poing*

"Iris" I whispered.

*Poing*

"Stop, please"

*Poing*

"Please"

*Poing*

It took all my might to resist checking out the messages.

*Poing*

Not anymore.

I opened my phone. 5 text notifications. All from Iris.

*

-Unread Messages-

Iris : Nyaz, what happened? Is everything fine?

Iris : Or are you on your man-period? Eh? Being a crybaby.

Iris : They call you cry baby, cry baby ;)

Iris : I think, you need a nickname. I mean, you call me Princess. So we need a nickname for you too, B cube.

Iris : Yes, that'll do. B cube. Bradford Bad Boy. So, B cube.

*

Is she really serious? She's acting as if nothing ever happened.

But I can act like that too. At least we can be friends again. We can be the text buddies, goofy and just, funny.

I can just forget what all happened. It was my mistake so I shouldn't blame her. She wasn't at fault. I just mistook her as someone who might be a bit different.

But honestly, all girls are same. They all want a guy. Not that it's a bad thing. It's just that, it feels sad that I couldn't read her. I thought that she might be, someone else.

You thought that she was the one for you and you, you were proved wrong.

And maybe for the first time, I agreed with my subconscious mind.

*Poing*
*Poing*
*Poing*

I picked up my phone. Iris. No surprise there.

*

Iris : Boy, reply

Iris : I'm bored.

Iris : My birthday is on 20th this month.

Me : really?

*

Oops. I wasn't supposed to reply right now. It looks like I was waiting for her to apologise.

Actually, who cares?

But seriously though, is her birthday like 10 days away? If yes, then shit's gonna go down.

I cannot stay angry with her for long then. After all, we're supposed to be at least friends. And I'm supposed to wish her and surprise her somehow with a gift.

That's the duty of a boyfriend, not a friend.

Asshole.

*Poing*
*Poing*

*

Iris : Yes! I got you to reply! *Wins an imaginary trophy. Bows for the hypothetical audience*

Iris : And yes, really. I'll be celebrating the fact that my death is nearer by one year!

*

She's so sweet, so cute, I cannot just stay angry at her. I need to start planning for her birthday soon.

*

Me : Girl, this year, which caused your death to be nearer by one year, will be remembered by you for eternity and beyond. This birthday of yours will be special

Birthday Girl : Nah, I don't really want anything more than a new novel.

Me : Any specific one?

Birthday Girl : Hunger Games series. I have been wanting to read them for like half a year. I'll ask mum and dad. They'll be more than pleased to give it to me.

Me : Any other book?

Birthday Girl : Nah. I have like a million books in mind but none of them can be bought. Like : -

Stalker by Lars Kepler
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Lord of rings by JRR Tolkien
To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee
Games of thrones by George RR Martin
A tale of 2 cities by Charles Dickens
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Pride and prejudice
Ender's Game
Looking for Alaska by John Green

Blah blah

I've always fancied reading. I always read the less famous books like Illusions series by Richard Bach and most of the books by him and many other books on the internet and public libraries. I'm addicted to reading. Heck, my job is reading. But I cannot buy all these books.

One needs to be fucking rich to buy all these books. And trust me, I'm not a millionaire.

Me : But I am *wink*

Me : P.S. That was one long ass text. You've improved on your typing skills.

Birthday Girl : That took me almost 3 days of constant practice!

Me : really?

Birthday Girl : Nah.

Birthday Girl : And I want a text message from you! For wishing me! You better remember that. Or have your ass ready to be slayed.

Me. : Gotta go, bye!

Iris : Bye *-*

*

Hey Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today.

Oh you conscience, sometimes I think that if you didn't exist, I wouldn't have been able to survive.

--------

Who's excited? The amount of steroid hormones producing in my body right now might just have crossed the safe level - I'm that excited!

Any thoughts and Predictions?

Vote, Comment and Share! :) X