Autobiography, Lunch and Trixie

Iris's POV

I switched on my car and started to drive to my workplace, thinking about what happened last night.

I was unable to sleep last night cause I kept on thinking about what could've happened. I mean, if he didn't send those messages then who did? And the most important part, why?

His family has nothing against me. His sisters, especially Saf and I developed a strong friendship yesterday. He probably didn't tell his co-workers about me. His girlfriend is - wait, I don't know about his girlfriend?

I read her name somewhere though. Ginny? Jenny? Jelly? Gigi? Yes! Gigi.

But I bet she doesn't know me too. And even if she did, she wouldn't text me all that. It must've been Zayn. He was insisting me too much. He must've felt angry and just lost control over his anger. And now, he's feeling bad.

Soon, I reached my office. I registered my entry, went to my cabin and saw 3 scripts on my table, ready to be read by me. I went towards the desk and picked up the most distinct script. It was kept in a folder marked 'Important'.

So, let's start reading! I started to read the book, probably a non-fiction.

Wait, an autobiography?

Weird. Our Publishing company has published just 7 autobiographies till date. Let's say, we really don't get the autobiographies.

It was named 'Z'

I began reading the script as it slowly sank in that it was a celebrity's autobiography. And not just any celebrity's, it was Zayn's.

It took me quite a few time to read it. His words had emotions, deep ones. And he wrote what he felt. I could tell that this book was going to rock the market.

By the time I finished reading the book, I had a totally different point of view about Zayn. One thing was sure, that guy could write, like really well.

He had gone through very much. It was then that I realised that hate from the people is not something that you can just ignore or not think about. It can affect our lives in adverse ways.

But that still doesn't explain his rude behaviour. I felt more than offended about that. I thought he was a decent guy but he had to prove me wrong.

I heard a knock on the door. Who could it be right now? It's not even lunch time.

"Come in." I said.

My boss walked in. I instantly stood up.

"Good morning sir."

"Good morning Ms. Fall. I was just here to check whether you've read this biography?"

"Yes sir, it's quite nice. The language used is impressive but nonetheless meaningful."

"I just sent it for you to check if there were any errors. I hope you corrected them if there were any. I'm actually really happy that we got such a famous singer's autobiography to publish! It's a great day for me."

I smiled at this.

"Congrats sir. I'll finish reading the other two scripts and inform you about them as soon as possible."

"Yeah, thanks. Continue your work. I'll just take this book and leave it in the publishing room."

I nodded. I sat down as he left the room.

One down, two to go. I began reading the second script, a humorous fiction probably.

I was halfway through the book when my alarm rang, indicating it was time for lunch!

As if on cue, my stomach grumbled. So far in this book, the girl got her love. Time for this girl to get her love, food!

I quickly exited the room and joined Trixie, the receptionist, in the canteen. She was the first person I acquainted here and over the years, we became good friends.

"Ooh see who's here? The Iris!" Trixie said.

"Yep, the queen is here. Bow, you peasant."

She bowed as I puffed my chest.

"By the way Queen Iris, I heard that boss is thinking about your promotion!"

"Really?" I squealed.

"Congratulations! It's good to see you happy after a week. I heard about the accident with your mom and everything. Must've been stressing."

"It was, yeah. But it's the past now."

"Yep."

We ate our food, too much of it, I might add. You cannot blame me though. I'm a girl and I feel hungry.

After eating the food, I resumed to my work.

And at the end of the hectic but still awesome day, I collapsed on my bouncy bed and snuggled under the covers.

I heard my phone beep, maybe once, twice or maybe more than that. But my eyes and brain refused to respond.

Goodnight to you too Zayn.

With that last thought, I drifted off to sleep.

---------

Crappy, crappy, crappy! I know! Sorry for the long wait and crappy chappy.

But next chapter, all doubts will be cleared. At least attempts will be made.

Warning - The next update may take quite long time as I have my social science exam next.

Which means, history *sigh*, civics *cringe*, geography *shiver* and economics (economics is fine).

But I promise, it'll be a long and funny chapter. Till then, sayonara!

Vote, Comment and Share! :D X