Chapter 7

In the palace...

"Sounds like a really nice guy. I'm very happy for you Serena." Iris was saying. Serena had just been telling her about her day most of what she said was about Ash.

"Oh, I don't know what it is Iris but I feel like I'm floating through the clouds; just streaming ahead like nothing can stop me." Serena was rabbiting on in a completely smitten state.

"Well if you ask me, it sounds like your in love." Iris giggled.

"Love?" Serena said. She thought about it. She'd never fallen in love before so she didn't really know what it was like. She tried to recall what all the books she'd read had said about love. Could it be true? Could she be in love? Oh man! She was! She suddenly sat up right up as the realisation hit her. "Oh no this isn't good." She said.

"What do you mean. I thought you really wanted this." Iris stated.

"Yes but I didn't really expect it to happen. My mother will never allow me and Ash to be together, he's just a villager. I am only allowed to marry a prince." She cried. Iris looked at her, now heartbroken, friend. She couldn't help but feel a bit guilty about bringing up the fact that Serena loved him. She wished she could do something to help.

There was an awkward silence for a few minutes until a knock at the door broke it. Serena sat up and composed herself whist Iris busied her self with pretending to tidy the room.

A guard poked his head round door. "Pardon the intrusion my lady but the queen requests you presence in the throne room." He said.

"Yes of course," Serena replied. She got up and followed the guard out. She stopped at the door and turned back to Iris, she bowed formally then pulled a face. She then dashed out the room before Iris could respond.

"What a kid." Iris said as she continued to clean.