Chapter 25

Ash was now completely shackled both his hands and his neck were attached to strong rusty chains. Unfortunately in his current state he couldn't keep up with the guards taking him to the throne room and was repeatedly choked as the neck chain was tugged forward. Finally he was thrust into the throne room. Then pushed onto all fours beneath the stairs to the throne. He sat back on his knees and looked up at the queen, his expression resembled that of a scared helpless puppy (which minus the dog part was essentially what he was at the moment). Grace didn't care she was furious at him. How dare he think he could marry her daughter he was nothing more than a piece of trash, way out the princess' league. He needed to be taught a lesson; to be put in his place. And she knew just how to do it to.

"Ash Ketchum." Grace started trying her best to keep a straight face (she needed to be formal while giving out his sentence but she was really enjoying this). "I would first like to make it know to you that princess Serena and prince Gary are to be married on the forthcoming saturday." Ash was taken aback at the news, but he was sure she had been forced into it. "I must admit." Grace said a sly smile was now creeping it's way onto her face. "I was sightly worried when my daughter declared her love for you, but when she told me it was all a ruse to get prince Gary's attention I thoroughly understood." Ash couldn't believe what he was hearing. No way, Serena loved him he knew that; it was obvious the queen was just trying to make him feel bad. "Anyway after the two cleared things up they agreed to marry as soon as possible. But still..." She suddenly rose from her chair looking dead serious. "You claimed to be a prince, which you are not, in an attempt to deceive the crown. You must therefore be punished." She smiled as she said this and Ash gulped nervously. "I have decided that as punishment for your crimes you will endure a 2 week milseries."

Ash openly gasped at this. He had only been to a milseries once and had hated every second of it. A milseries is where a person is chained to a stage in the middle of town for a certain amount of time (depending on how bad a crime was committed) and forced to endure the kind of public humiliation that makes you wish you'd been executed. Ash had once seen one whilst in town buying supplies, he felt sorry for the poor soul going through it and had tried to help but failed miserably.

Ash started shaking, he was already heartbroken but these guys just had to add insult to injury. The queen waved her hand in the direction of the door and the guards dragged him out. He was lead along a long corridor to a small door at the end, the door opened to reveal a long flight of steps leading down into darkness. Almost without warning one of the guards released Ash's chains and gave him a shove so he fell into the dark. He landed with a thud on a large stone floor. The impact left him unconscious which was exactly as the guards intended.

"Now," one of them said. "Let's get to work." They all laughed and proceeded to prepare Ash for his humiliation.