Chapter 31

*Flashback start*

Serena walked away with her arms around Gary. Ash stared at the loving smile on her face till his tears turned it into a blurry mess. He felt a fool for crying like baby in front of the whole town including the woman he loved. He choked mid sob as he recognised the laughter beneath him.

"Your an even bigger baby then I thought you were!" Trip said between laughs.

"Your an idiot to. I can't believe you thought the princess actually liked you." Damien said with a vile expression on his face.

"She, she said she loved me." Ash muttered under his breath, but Trip's keen ears caught it anyway.

"What was that. You really thought she loved you. Don't make me laugh!" Trip said, laughing anyway. He then help up a mirror he had brought to torment Ash with. "Just look at yourself; what kind of person would love you. Your a loser! A freak! A no good muck boy who tried to pretend he was actually worth something. But guess what you have no home, no friends, no family and, judging by the state your in, no dignity either. Only a complete fool would even like you, let alone love you!" Trip screamed, the hatred and venom soaking his voice right through. The others laughed evilly as Ash just stared at the mirror in front of him. He had known he must have looked a sight but he hadn't until now had any idea how awful his appearance truly was. He was in just those ridiculous moltars which exposed the rest of his skin. It had been severely beaten and was covered all over with cuts and bruises. Then there was all the muck and grime staining his body and causing his hair to stick to his head. The only clean part of himself were the channels on his face where his tears had fallen from his, now bloodshot, eyes.

Ash looked over himself several times but he could see only truth in their words. They were right, who would love someone like him?

*Flashback end*