Chapter 26

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! They sound of laughter was ringing in Ash's ears as he slowly stirred. He moaned and tried to adjust his currently blurry vision. He blinked several times until he could clearly make out the laughing images of the villagers. His eyes widened as he realised where he was and what was going on. He stood up and looked down at himself. His body was all black and bruised what was more his clothes where gone and replaced with Moltars. Moltars were a kind of metal underpants, they were heavy as lead and looked absolutely ridiculous. Ash looked to the crowd again, they were all having a good laugh at his expense.

Of course this wasn't all there was to a milseries, oh no! Everyone knew there were all kinds of situations devised to make the victim want to cower in a hole for the rest of their life.

It was then that the first of Ash's came around. One of the guards pulled a lever to the side of the stage which caused the floor to open up and reveal burning hot fire stones.

"Ahh!" Ash cried out as his feet were burnt. He was forced to jump around like an idiot to stop the pain (which was defiantly not easy in the Moltars). For some people like Drew, Dawn, Kenny and May this was hard to watch, for others like Trip, Paul and Damien it was heaven. Everyone else just couldn't stop laughing as Ash jumped about like he was doing some messed up dance. After around 10 minutes the guard finally pulled the lever again and allowed Ash to take a break. Though actually he was the one who wanted a break and walked over to the pub for a few pints. Ash collapsed on the stage panting hard. He was exhausted after all that leaping about, whats more he'd been made a right fool of and the village was more than happy to let him know it. He suddenly felt a splash on his arm, he turned to see Trip, Paul and Damien with brown goo in their hands stood next to a wheelbarrow full of it. 'Oh no!" He thought.

"Haha hey muck boy." Trip smirked throwing more poo at him. The others soon joined in until eventually everyone was throwing stuff at him. Poo, Food, Mud, you name it. One person even threw a book at him. The look on Ash's face could only be described as pitiful; he looked humiliated, embarrassed, hurt, belittled, heartbroken and betrayed. He didn't cry though, he hadn't actually spoken in days he just accepted his punishment. For when he thought things through in his mind he knew he wouldn't have done anything differently; he loved Serena and he would willingly go through a lifetime sentence of milseries for her. He smiled at the thought of her, it was almost like she could just make all the pain go away.

'Never give up until the end.' The words of his father kept echoing in his mind.

'Okay dad,' He thought 'I won't give up on Serena, I know I'll be with her again someday.'

Some people thought it strange that he was smiling. Others thought it strange he hadn't spoken. In fact Ash hadn't said anything since he'd been arrested, his last word had said it all: "Why?"