Chapter 24

With Serena...

"Ahh!" Serena cried as she was dragged into the throne room. Grace was sat on her throne looking smug, she had a plan in mind that would insure her daughter marry someone actually worthy of her.

"Ah, Serena darling how are you. I do hope you've had enough time to think things through; remember dear I only want whats best for you." She said in that fake sweet tone that made Serena sick.

"Well in that case you can release Ash and allow us to be together. Come on mom don't you want me to be happy." She begged.

"Happy. How can you be happy with a loser like that Ketchum boy. He's nothing." Grace said.

"Your wrong," Serena said, tears started to stream down her cheeks. "Ash is sweet and kind and brave and he really cares about me. Can't you see that it's true love." Serena wailed. She fell to her knees hopping her mother would be merciful.

"Love! What has love got to do with this. Do you think I loved your father, humph! Not in a million years. But I married him because he was a prince and it was my duty as a princess to marry someone worthy. Which is why I have arranged for you to marry prince Gary on the following saturday." She said. Prince Gary immediately stepped forward and bowed before her.

"What! No I won't." Serena said. She stared hard at her mother to make sure she knew she was serious. Unfortunately Grace had expected this and was more than ready to make her daughter do as she wished.

"I see. Well if you won't marry prince Gary then I guess you won't marry at all. As I have decided that as punishment for his crimes you little boyfriend shall be executed." She smiled as she spoke, thoroughly enjoying her daughters distress. She completely broke down crying claiming she would do anything just so long as she didn't kill Ash. "Very well then." Grace said solemnly raising her hand. Serena stopped mid sob and looked up into her mothers eyes. "I will spare his life." She said.

"Oh thank you." Serena said smiling.

"But." Grace continued. "Only if you marry prince Gary."

"What?!" Serena said. She couldn't believe her own mother was blackmailing her into marriage. However she couldn't help but feel guilty, like it was all her fault Ash was in this mess in the first place. She sighed and knew she had no other choice but to meet with her mothers demands.

"Ok." She said, looking at the ground so her hair prevented anyone from seeing her expression. "If you promise not to kill Ash I will marry prince Gary."

Grace smiled and leaned back in her chair. She knew she had won. Gary descended the stairs to Serena. She stood up and faced him. He took her hand and kissed it gently before leading her out of the room.

"Don't worry." He whispered darkly in her ear. "You'll soon forget about that loser and realise just how superior I am." She flinched slightly and her heart took another stab. But she held onto him just the same, knowing if she made just one wrong move Ash would pay the price.

"Oh by the way." Grace called as the two where just out the door. "I've decided that instead of death the muck boy will be sentenced to a milseries instead."

"Huh! NO!" Serena cried running towards the closing doors. "Please you can't!" She screamed just as the doors shut.

"Well, thats all taken care of. Now bring me the prisoner." Grace commanded the guards. They saluted in unison then exited to the dudgeon. Grace leaned back in her chair and smiled. Evilly.