Chapter 33

The square was a major war zone that morning as people rushed about everywhere getting things ready. The stage was still there but as queen Grace didn't really want someone like Ash messing up the ceremony, she'd sent him back to the dungeon for 24 hours. Serena watched the chaos from her balcony as Iris combed her hair. She was so anxious right now it was making her sweat. She prayed yet again that Iris' plan would work.

Knock. Knock. Sounded at the door.

"Enter." Serena said formally. In walked May with an orange bag.

"I have brought the dress your highness." She said curtseying. As usual Serena acted snooty towards her two maids before collapsing into a fit of giggles. It helped to relive some of the anxiety building up inside her. May quickly checked there was no one outside before discussing the plan with them. She had been informed like all the rest of Ash's friends and was more than eager to help in any way she could.

"Ok so while I help you make up for the wedding Serena. Iris and Gary can break into the dungeon." She said.

"What about the guards?" Serena asked.

"Don't worry, Gary said he knew of a way to take care of them." Iris said. "He's probable waiting for me, I'd better get going."She cried as she dashed out the room. May laughed and picked up the hairbrush she'd dropped. She then got to work styling Serena's hair. She noticed Serena had her hands clasped in a nervous fashion.

"I'm not hurting you am I?" May asked.

"No, no. I'm just a bit nervous. What if something goes wrong." Serena said.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine." May assured her.

Iris ran down the hall to the rendezvous point. A guard was leaning against the wall at the end of the corridor.

"Good morning sir." Iris said.

"Good indeed," He replied. Iris then breathed out and approached him looking around.

"Right the coast is clear, we'd better head down to the dungeon." Iris said.

The guard lifted his helmet so Iris could see it was Gary. But of course this was all part of her plan.

"What did you do with the guard?" She asked.

"He's uh... Tied up right now." (Turns out he's literally tied up in a closet [pun intended]) Gary said. The two then headed for the dungeon, being careful to avoid as many people as they could. When they arrived there were two guards at Ash's cell.

"Attention!" Gary said formally. Both of them jumped and awaited his instructions.

"The queen requires you two to do patrols around the castle during the ceremony. Can't have anyone breaking in and stealing the crown jewels now can we." He said. The two looked hesitant and wondered why the queen wouldn't want anyone guarding the prisoner. Gary was about to come up with some clever excuse when the two collapsed. He looked at them perplexed then gazed up to see Iris with a big grin and a bat. He flashed a smile in return and the grabbed the keys from their belts.

Ash heard the bars squeak as they opened. He looked up, and was relived to see Iris and Gary. Iris pulled the clothes Gary was meant to wear from her bag. Lucky for them it came complete with a mask and May had made a wig for him. Iris started tending to Ash's wounds while Gary kept watch.

"You sure this is going to work." Ash asked doubtfully.

"What have we got lose right?" Iris asked.

"Point taken." He said.

When Iris was finished Ash was the spitting image of Gary. In fact when Gary turned to see him he almost fell over.

"It's like looking in a mirror." He joked.

"Lets hurry, we don't have much time left." Iris said. They boys nodded and the 3 headed to the wedding.