Chapter 32

"They were right you know. I mean, just look at me." Ash said gesturing to his, still hideous, appearance. Serena knew deep down she had never loved Ash for how he looked it was his inner self that she really loved. But she could tell from what he'd said about not being worth anything he felt unworthy on the inside as well.

"Listen Ash first of all I never loved Gary, I just pretended so my mum wouldn't kill you." She said.

"What?" Ash suddenly looked up in amazement.

"Secondly," Serena continued. "I fell in love with you on the first day we met, when you were Ash not 'prince Satoshi' I love you because your funny and kind and respectful and you love pokemon and you're always nice to people even though some aren't nice back..." She just began endlessly listing things she loved about Ash. He just listened in stunned silence. And when Serena had decided she'd made her point she looked at Ash with a deep seriousness in her eyes.

"Don't you dare break my heart by saying I can't love you cause I do and I want to be with you forever. I'm begging you." She suddenly became very pleading, her eyes shinning in the moonlight as she feel to her knees. "Please Ash, forgive me and admit that we both love each other." She stopped there and began staring into Ash's chocolate eyes, looking for some sign of emotion. At first he was still shocked but after a while his eyes softened into a look of acceptance. his lips began to curve into the same loving smile he used the first time the two met.

"Of course I'll forgive you Serena. You're everything to me and I would love to be with you forever." Ash said.

"Ah!" Serena gasped in happiness. She didn't care that Ash had grime all over his face she ran up and kissed him passionately. She loved him so much, but midway through the kiss she felt him start to resist and pulled away.

"What is it?" She asked nervously.

"I'm still chained to a stage, and your getting married tomorrow so we can't be together." Ash sighed seeming depressed again.

"Oh don't worry about that." Serena said with a sly smile. She then whistled twice and two hooded figures appeared from the shadows. Ash gasped when they lowered their hoods to reveal they were Iris and Gary.

"The three of us have a plan." Serena said.

"Really?" Ash said.

"Really." Gary confirmed and then added that he was sorry about all the things he'd said to Ash in the past.

"What changed your mind?" Ash questioned.

"Well I talked things out with Serena and she helped me realise who I really am. Anyway I don't love Serena the way you do Ash; it should be you marring her tomorrow and Iris here knows away to make sure you do." He said smiling at Iris. She gave a rather clever grin then proceeded to explain the plan to Ash...

(I know thats like the third time I've mentioned the plan and some may be wondering what it is. But I thought it would be more fun if I just explained it as it happened.)