Chapter 1

Fair warning before y'all comment about my writing. I wrote this when I was 14-16. I haven't had the chance at all to go through and properly edit this book. So before you comment anything rude just know that my writing has changed dramatically. BTW 1 mil? 14 year old me could never.

"Theo, my love." Said the silhouette. Her voice is so soothing, making me feel at ease. I could listen to the soothing melody that is her voice for days on end and not get tired of hearing that voice.

"Who are you?" I asked for probably the billionth time since my wretched existence began. All I've wanted to know for the past two thousand years was the owner of that voice. To see the face of this goddess that possessed the voice that I could listen to for the rest of eternity.

A giggle emitted from the woman, a sound so sweet, so beautiful, so innocent. Even just the sound of her giggle had me melting. "You just have to be patient with me Theo." The voice tsked. "My love I must go. I'll miss you." She sighed, the silhouette began fading.

I felt my heart drop, "Must you?" I pouted childishly. "I must." She spoke sadness laced within her voice. "Wait!" I said as the silhouette faded into nothingness.

"Theo, get your ass up." Said a gruff voice. I groaned not wanting to wake up but to fall back asleep and go back to that woman who has been very pleasantly haunting my dreams ever since the night I turned 50.

I finally opened my eyes, there stood my delta Axe. He stood there looking bored as usual. His eyes cold and milky with age. He used to actually be fun once upon a time. "I'm up you can go now." I let out gruffly as I sat up, wanting nothing more than to go back to sleep, go back to the woman who has been blessing my dreams.

He gave a curt nod before shuffling out of my room. I sighed. What has my life come to? I asked my self as a rubbed the tiredness out of my eyes. I'm doomed for eternity. Never getting the sweet release of death. Never having the opportunity to hold my mate in my arms.

I slowly got up as my joins popped from the movement. I made my way towards the bathroom to take a shower. The same shit, a different day.

As I stepped in I thought about my dream, it happens at least once a week, the silhouette, that voice. A warm feeling ran through me as I thought about the woman.

She makes me feel like I'm on top of the world, like I can accomplish anything. I feel as if I could tell her anything. I've never been so open with someone, even if it was just a part of my imagination. You see that's hardest part, it's all in my head. I can never open up to someone the way I do with this imaginary woman. I'm such a fool.

Everyone thinks that I have lost it being without a mate for as long as I have. It can do some damage to a wolf. That’s for a average wolf that lives to  be about 100, just imagine the damage it’s done to a wolf that’s two thousand years old. I've just given up on finding my mate I’ve accepted my fate.

Now I just focus on my job. That's all I do, work. It helps get my mind off being so lonely. I’ve been lonely ever since my father passed away. He died of a broken heart after my mother was murdered. It broke my heart into a million pieces watching my father break down. It's all thanks to him.

Why couldn't I just be a normal wolf? I'd find my mate once I turned 16, have pups, grow old with her and die. That's all I want, but nope I have to be the king of all alphas, don't I?

===•°•===

"I don't know Nives." I sighed looking into her bright blue eyes. "I'm a human I don't belong at those kinds of events." She chuckled. "Don't be silly, it's at my parent's place! You know you are always welcome there." She flipped her hair out of her face. "This really means a lot to you, doesn't it?" I laughed as I saw her inhale a chunk of her blonde hair. She gagged slightly yanking it out before she nodded her head over dramatically as if she wasn't just dying a couple seconds ago. "Come on, it will just be me and a bunch of old stuck up werewolves if you don't come." I sighed before caving in agreeing to go to this stupid event, "Okay, okay FINE!"

Apparently this stupid event is called the Silver Moon Ball, it only happens every 20 years because the moon is at a certain angle or something like that. Every time they switch the location. This time around it's at Nives' Packhouse or mansion I should say. It has 40 bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, needless to say it's huge. When you have to house an entire pack you needed as much room as possible.

All the rich, important werewolves will be there and out of all of them I will be the only human, I know for a fact that I will stick out like a sore thumb, not just because I'm a human. But because werewolves are naturally athletic and have a small chest, small butt, flat stomach and I'm the exact opposite of that. They all are just so gorgeous and I'm just not.

"Come on let's go find us some dresses my child!" She playfully patted my butt as she walked by to grab her keys. "It's my treat. Maybe if you're a good girl I'll buy you some lunch." She winked before yanking the door practically off its hinges and strutting outside.

"Okay daddy." I played along gently closing the door behind me. She busted out laughing as she unlocked her Cadillac and got in. I've always loved this car. "Z I can't wait to see how sexy you look in these dresses." she said as I climbed up into her Cadillac.

As soon as my door shut she zoomed off out of the driveway. "You know the speed limit is only 50 right?" I said nervously as she weaved in and out of traffic. "Yeah so? I'm a werewolf I know what I'm doing. Don't get your granny panties all up in a bunch." She said as she cut off another car. One of these days she's going to kill me.

After I don't know how many people cussing her out we finally arrived at some fancy mall that I've never even stepped into. "Come on let's go." She said as she skipped to the entrance. She's lucky I love her.

I sprinted up to keep up with her long strides. "Slow down this midget needs to keep up." I said out of breath finally catching up with her. She's 5'10 and in her signature nude Louboutin's. I'm 5'2 and wearing my old vans.

Nives is perfect with her blonde hair, bright blue eyes, tall figure, fit body, and just over all beautiful. Just everything I'm not. She looks like a snob on the outside but on the inside she has a heart of gold, she truly cares about everyone, something that is so hard to find now a days, someone who just gives a shit. So therefore​ we go together like thing one and thing two.

We first met in kindergarten, some kid kicked down her sand castle at recess. I've never been a fan of bullies so I stepped in and punched him in the face.

I got into so much trouble because of that but it was so worth it because I got Nives out of it, the one person I can truly call a friend.

"Come on this is my favorite store!" She said as she dragged me into some fancy store who's name I can't even begin to pronounce. "Ready to find your perfect dress?"