Chapter 13

My heart was racing as I stared at the golden doors. You can do this Ziara. I thought to myself over and over again.

I could feel my nerves eating me up. My foot tapping on the polished marble flooring. The sound echoing through the hallway.  My hands were shaking as I played with the hem of my sleeves.

I brushed off the front of the gorgeous gown I was wearing, smoothing out any wrinkles as I tried to stand up straighter. I didn't want to look like a nervous mess in front of the entire kingdom.

"Luna." A guard snapped me out of my nervous haze. "They're ready for you." I nodded dismissively. He shot me a smile as he opened the golden doors.

Everyone stopped talking and stood. I stepped forward trying to not to trip on the ridiculously huge dress they forced me into.

The nerves got even worse once I stepped into the room. I kept my head held high and tried to focus on Theo's face. He had a huge grin on his face as he stood next to one of the elders. I smiled as I walked down the row. Theo gave me his hand which I gladly took as I stood beside him.

"Elder Ludo." I bowed my head respectfully. I raised my head as he motioned me forward. I got down on my knees, kneeling on a pillow.

"Ziara Ale, do you swear that you will act as a mother, a sister, and a leader to not only the kingdom but to the entire werewolf race?" He spoke powerfully. "I do." I spoke looking him in the eyes.

"Do you swear that you will protect and help those in need?" He spoke louder. I nodded. "I do."

"Do you swear that you will rule by King Theo's side for the rest of eternity?" His voice booming off of the walls. "I do." I spoke loudly.

I felt Theo's hand on the shoulder. I saw a young girl hand a crown to the Elder on a plush pillow. He slowly raised it over my head. "I crown thee Queen of the Werewolves." He lowered the gold crown onto my head. "Rise my queen!" He order. I slowly stood up and faced everyone.

"You're Queen, Ziara Ale." Theo boomed. Everyone started clapping. I giggled, grabbing Theo's big hand. "Let the celebration begin!" I spoke over the cheering.

===•°•===

After a long night of celebrating I decided to retire. I yawned as Theo unzipped the back of my gown. I shrugged the sleeves off my shoulders, allowing it to fall down my body. The beautiful fabric pooling at my now bare aching feet.

I stepped out of the dress and began to hang it up not wanting it to get ruined. I heard Theo growl at the sight of my half naked body. I payed no mind to it as I placed the dress on the rack.

I felt a rough grip on my hips. I jumped a little not expecting it. Theo nuzzled his face into my hair, inhaling. I relaxed into his arms loving the feeling of his skin against mine.

Theo groaned stepping away from me. I let out a involuntary whimper at the loss of his touch. I turned to look at him. He was awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as he sat down on our bed.

He's hiding something. I thought as I approached him. "Theo." I spoke running a hand through his hair. He did answer me. He just dropped his hand down from his neck, not making eye contact with me. "What's the matter?" I questioned.

He abruptly stood up getting in my face. His eyes blood-red. I gulped afraid of what he might do. His eyes softened as he closed his eyes. "Ziara I have to send you away."

I stopped breathing. "What do you mean?" I whimpered feeling a pang of hurt run throughout me. I knew this was too good to be true, I'm too fat and ugly for someone like him. You're a idiot for believing that he would ever love you. I told myself as tears poured down my tanned cheeks.

"Ziara, don't think like that." He mumbled his eyes glazed over. "It's not safe here in the castle. Hayden knows where you are, he could easily strike." He explained pulling me into his chest. "I'm not loosing you." He pressed his forehead against mine. I nodded.

"I'm sending you to a remote location up in Michigan. I'll have several guards watching over you 24/7." He cupped my cheek.

"Are you coming with me?" He shook his head. "I can't my love. I must run the kingdom, I can't do that a thousand miles away."

I nodded understanding that it was best for our people. "I'll visit you as much as possible." He promised. "It's just until Hayden is taken care of."

He pulled me into a bear hug. I sobbed at the thought of being without Theo for long periods of time. "You'll leave tomorrow evening." He informed me stepping out of the hug.

===•°•===

I shoved one of Theo's shirts into the already full suitcase. I had been on the verge of tears all day, not allowing myself to cry. I forcefully zipped up the suitcase. I sighed leaning against it. I was just getting used to this place and now I had to leave. It's only until Hayden is taken care of. I understood that. I had to stay around for Theo and my people. I couldn't do that if Hayden was always sending death threats my way.

"A-are you ready?" Theo asked his voice cracking slightly. I nodded a lonely tear falling down. I quickly wiped it away as I picked up my suitcase.

"I'm going to work day and night to get you back home to me." I nodded knowing he would.

He took my bag from me, I sighed not wanting to argue with him. He made his was over to the closet. I followed curiously as he felt the wall up and down until he stopped abruptly. He forcefully knocked on the spot three times and a secret door opened revealing a dark tunnel.

"Let's go the back way." I shot him a confused look as I headed down the dark tunnel. "I have a feeling we have a mole on our hands." He growled lowly at the thought of someone betraying him in such a way.

"Why would someone besides Hayden want to take you down? You're a fair ruler." I questioned. "People don't care about that, all people want is money and power. So Hayden could easily be bribing someone within the castle. Yet another reason why you're leaving." He spoke gruffly.

We came across a iron door. "Ziara could you open that?" He asked eyeing the iron door knob. I nodded grabbing it. I was blinded by the sunlight as I opened the door. I blinked a couple times taking a step outside.

My eyes soon adjusted to the harshess of the sun. I noticed we were on the other side of the castle. The tree line was nearly touching the castle. "This way." Theo grabbed my hand leading me into the forest.