Chapter 18

"Please." I whimpered. He darkly chuckled as a sinister smirk appeared on his face. "You poor pathetic little human." He spat.

"My brother always got everything." He growled. "He always got the girls, the throne, and the respect." He shoved me against the wall.

"Even from a young age I saw how different everyone treated him." He sneered. "My parents never truly loved me. It was always Theo this, Theo that."

"But no longer shall I hide behind my brothers shadow. I shall take my rightful place on the throne." He took a blade out of his pocket positioning it against my throat. The coldness of the blade sending shivers throughout my entire body.

I knew I was going to die. I'd never see another sunrise, I'd never be able to hold my lover in my arms one more time or feel his warm lips against my own. There wasn't a thing I could do about it.

I knew no one would be able to save me now. "You'll never be king." I muttered.

"What was that bitch." He growled. "You'll never be king." I repeated as he pressed the blade harder against my throat. "The entire race of werewolves will never accept such a coward to take place on the throne." I spat. "Theo has not only earned his right to the throne, but he's also earned their trust and loyalty." He growled warning me. "You're no man, you're nothing more than a selfish leach."

"Oh I'm going to enjoy killing you." He smirked. "Do it." I whispered angering him even more.

In one quick motion he dragged the blade across my throat, my blood pouring out. I gurgled as I attempted to scream. I watched my blood splatter against his stupid face. He smiled as he dropped the blade.

Black dots began filling my vision as my legs gave out. My body crumbling to the floor as I took one last shaky breath, before my heart stopped beating.

I was engulfed in darkness as I felt my life force leave my body. I supposed this was what it felt like to die.

There was no light, no old man with a beard waiting to decide my fate. It was just darkness. Cold, harsh darkness.

I began screaming hoping someone would hear me. Hoping someone would come save me from this darkness.

Maybe this was hell. Maybe this was my punishment for my sins. Cold, lonely darkness.