Chapter 10

I woke up to knocking on the door. I mentally cursed them for waking me up. I noticed the lack of warmth next to me. He must have gone to work. I sighed as the knocking continued. I knew that they weren't going to go away until I answered the door.

I unwrapped myself from the warm duvet and sat up. I kicked my feet off the bed and slowly stood up. I yawned as I made my way over to the door. I whipped the door open to see who the culprit was.

Candice stood there smiling. "Good morning Luna! King Theo wanted me to make sure you eat breakfast." She smiled showing off her perfect porcelain teeth. "Wow you sure are chipper in the morning aren't you?" She chuckled.

I nodded heading back into the room keeping the door open. "I'm excited to have another girl around here. Especially one that's my age. There are other girls here, but they're just so bitchy. I don't do well with bitchy." She spoke closing the door behind her.

"Are you ancient like Theo?" I asked. She laughed. "Oh you have a lot to learn." She plopped down on the couch crossing her perfect long slim legs.

"No other werewolf lives as long as your mate does. Physically he's invincible." She spoke. "I'm only 18 and Oli is 21." I nodded.

"So after I die is Theo just going to get another mate?" I questioned my heart beating fast. As I sat on the other side of the couch. She once again laughed at me. "Sweetheart once you and Theo mate, you're bulletproof. You'll rule with him for the rest of eternity. You'll be just as powerful, if not more powerful. However you can still die whereas Theo physically can't. You just won't age."

I sat there wide-eyed. I slumped back into the couch as I let this new information sink in. I wouldn't ever die. That hit me hard. I couldn't ever go back to being the shy, quiet girl that was too scared to even properly order something at a restaurant. It was ridiculous I know but that's just how I was.

"I'm going to go brush my teeth." I mumbled as I climbed off the couch and entered the bathroom. I stared at my reflection. This is what you'll look like for the rest of eternity. I told myself as I started to brush my teeth.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and a black T-shirt. I threw my hair up into a messy pony tail, not really feeling like dealing with my hair.

"Okay." I said quietly as I made my way out of the bathroom. Candice nodded. "Apparently King Theo wants me to introduce you to the other girls." Candy groaned. I nervously chuckled at her. I was never great at meeting new people.

Candy pulled me into a large dining room. I was immediately drawn to the big bowls of yummy fruit that sat on the buffet. But Candy dragged me towards a group of girls that were just chatting as they drank their coffee.

"Meet your new Luna." Candy said scowling at the girls. They all looked me up and down. A couple smiled friendly at me while the other two had a sour look on their face. "Theo must be out of his mind." The blonde sour puss chuckled at me. "I know look at her she's so, so fat." The red-headed sour puss fake gagged. My heart sank.

Candy gasped next to me. "She is your Luna show some respect." Candy barked drawing some attention towards us. All I wanted to do was to disappear. "Please Theo obviously doesn't like her that much. He hasn't even mated with her." The redheaded one chuckled. Candy shushed them. "What we all know that you're supposed to mate the first day." I was shocked.

I figured it was a process of getting to know the person not just immediately getting to the sexual part. Tears started forming in my eyes.
"Look at her she's a weak human. What the king needs is a strong confident werewolf like me."

I swallowed my tears. I had enough. "Well I'll be the one fucking him not you. So why don't you walk away with your tail in between your legs before I take care of you myself." I was shocked. I'd never ever talked like that before let alone had the confidence to do so. But just the thought of her being within five feet of Theo made me see red.