I Found a Boy

Bobby's truck pulled into a free spot in the school parking lot. From my seat, I could see a bunch of students filing through the entrance of the main grey-stoned building, which had a bronze statue of a snarling wolf right in front of it.

Meyer High School. A place that offered everything but a break: a break from work, from activities, or from drama.

My mom insisted that I attend a school in Beverly Hills so that I could get the best out of the high school experience. I was starting senior year, though, and by that point, all I had was stress.

Even more so now that I was out of the closet. Along with Bobby, returning football star.
He seemed to sense my worry as he gently laced his fingers with mine.

I looked up at him, and it was clear he had the same worry playing through mind.

"You doing okay?" his voice was a tiny bell, so beautiful and yet, it still had an air of warning.

I nodded firmly, preparing to exit the car before I stopped.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked after a deep breath. I didn't even look back at him, that's how scared I was.

"About what? We're together. Why hide that?" I could hear the smirk in his voice, like it was entirely obvious. Though it was, I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I turned to face him after a long pause, trying to decipher what I was feeling, "But what will they say?"

"Nothing," he smirked once more, "if they know what's good for them."

I sighed despondently and opened my door before saying, "No violence. I'm serious."

As I stepped out of the car, I could hear the expected, "Can't make any promises."

We walked towards the school, hand-in-hand, and watched the expressions of the students; some looked pleased with the fact that we were a gay couple; others were sharing whispers, dirty glances, and confused looks. The fear in my heart crept up into my throat, and I was terrified of the day ahead of me.

We entered the building, and I took a deep breath, preparing myself. Watching the mass of students stomping through all parts of the long hallway made me sick to my stomach.

I grabbed my schedule from my back pocket and tried not to make eye contact with anyone. Bobby's hand was still gripping mine firmly, refusing to let go, and I was glad; if he wasn't there, I would run from embarrassment.

Then again, if he weren't there, I wouldn't have had a reason to run.

"So we don't have any classes together," I mumbled, trying not to draw attention to us.

"Not true," he sang, a small smirk forming on his lips.

My eyebrow involuntarily raised in confusion, "Which class, then?"

He looked ahead, not even glancing at me when he said, "You'll see."

I hated it when he did that, but that meant that he wasn't gonna say anything. So I'd really have to wait. Why argue?

I sighed and squeezed his hand before going to the West Hall, the building where majority of my classes were. It held almost all of the honors and AP classes, which Bobby didn't particularly enjoy.

"I need to pick a locker," I said as I grabbed my lock from my backpack.

"Okay yeah, same," he said, mimicking me and grabbing his lock.

I stopped walking towards a cluster of large blue lockers and faced him. "Bobby, these lockers are nowhere near any of your classes. I may not know your schedule, but I know you aren't an honors kind of guy."