away.

i want to forgive you.

i know why you had to leave; fear of disappointment, fear of shame, abandonment. i understand that no one will ever approve of us or what we had. but i can't help but wish that you gave it a try.

i am no longer angry or resentful. i'd give it all up for you. i would say that we shouldn't have cared what people thought about us, but that is foolish; it's human nature to seek acceptance. i understand that now; we can't force ourselves to try and ignore what people think or say about us. it hurts us. it hurts you, and that is why you left me.

bitter honey dripped from your voice as you finally said it out loud. the words "i'm leaving" floated and hung solemnly in the air, waiting to be received or rejected. i did neither; i let them stay there. you said it had to be that way, that it was for us. i believed you for a second. your voice was sweet but melancholy, your eyes tinged with sadness, a ghost of a sad smile on your lips.

maybe it was for the better.

i wonder, have you ever heard the saying "you are the sun, the moon, and all my stars"? well, you are so much more than that to me. you are all of the galaxies in outer space and the entirety of the universe. you are all of the stars in the milky way and all of the matter that makes up the world. i hope now, you realize how special you are, to me and those around you. you are made of light, your star shines brighter than anything i have ever seen before. recognize and use that light for good, whatever you are doing right now, wherever you are. do it for me.