Part 2

( I am writing Ferris in first person because if I don't I will end up confusing third person words with 1st person and the sentences won't make any sense)

I was riding out to a meeting point where I was supposed to meet the infamous Barney Ross. The lesser of the Mercenary group theExpendbales. I had heard plenty about them. From what Church had told me, this Barney guy wasn't exactly happy a woman was now coming on their mission. But me being me, I was ready to prove him dead wrong.

As I rode to the meeting place I soon saw the Barney guy waiting for me. I stopped just a couple yards in front of him and turned off my Harley. Then I stepped off removing my helmet.

The man standing in front of me had dark black hair as well as dark eyes most likely Italian. He had a weathered face that instead of making him look old actually gave him character in a strange handsome kind of way. He had a broad chest and was quite in shape for someone at his age. He must have been like 6'1 or something. And it was very obvious from his body language that he didn't want to have to meet me here.

He didn't even acknowledge me when I told him my name. Fortunately I was used to men like this. He was the kind of man to underestimate a woman.

" You're Barney Ross yes?" I asked with a part of my southern drawl coming out. I mean I was from the south, heck I grew up in Kansas.

" Yeah" He answered in a low baritone voice dismally still barely even looking me in the eye.

"Did Mr. Church tell you about me?" I asked even though I knew the answer. I was just trying to get this guy to talk to me.

" He said you wanted to tag along" Barney answered in a continued bored tone. A muscle in my jaw strained just as it always did when something, in this case some one, aggravated me.

" If you think I'm just some helpless damsel in distress who is just " Tagging along" as you claim it you are wrong" I snapped back standing up a little taller. Barney quirked a brow looking at me and I could see the disbelief in his eyes. Or perhaps it was surprise from me reacting like that and not backing down from an intimidating man like him.

" I think it's a mistake for you to be coming" Barney retorted in all seriousness also standing up and looking down at me, effectively towering over me since I was only 5'8. Not exactly short for a woman but still not tall against a man's height.

I rose my left brow " Church told me what you said. I will have you know I can take care of myself. I Would have done this mission on my own if I didn't need someone watching my back while I work" I said back crossing my arms over my chest staring right back into his dark eyes. " I don't need a babysitter" I added sourly. He was certainly an imposing man but I wasn't about to back down. It wasn't in my nature.

"You playing games with me Ferris?" Barney asked suspiciously.

" No... are you playing game with me?" I asked equally suspicious. He could try but he wasn't going to force me out of this mission.

" When do we leave?" I asked curiously in an effort to finish the conversation.

" 05:00" He answered in his continued stoic manner.

" Good bye Barney" I said dismissively in return and put my helmet back on and got back onto my motorcycle. I easily started it up and drove off away from the disbelieving Italian mercenary.

It still was annoying that even with all my years being a mercenary that men still underestimated me. Practically forcing me to prove myself every single time. I mean I had even earned a name for myself, I was known as the Reaper!

I guess that's why I like working alone. But I knew the real reason.

My partner was gone.