Part 9

The next morning I woke to what I thought was the sound of a lawnmower. But it was actually just Gunnar snoring ridiculously loud.

I groaned wanting to go back to sleep but it was futile, Gunnar's snoring was to load to even block out.

The rest of the men were all awake except for Gunnar.

"I swear if he doesn't stop snoring I am going to shoot him" Toal Road said glaring down at Gunnar. " Agreed" I said stretching my arms over my head in an attempt to stretch. I was still a little tired but quickly shook it off.

Gunnar started snoring even louder now and I had no idea how that was even humanly possible.

" Gunnar!" Barney yelled loudly, looking away from the map he was studying and waking the sleeping man.

" You rang?" Gunnar asked in an annoyed tone.

" Listen up. That guy at the bar said the congregation of Sengs are probably in this area. Concentrated east. So that's where we're going" Barney announced getting all of our attentions while pointing at the map he was studying. " Were out of here in 10 minutes" Barney ordered.

I nodded in compliance and picked up my AR-15 and put my Barrettas back in their respective holsters. Then did the normal hygienic routine and put my red hair up in a ponytail as I always did.

I came over beside Barney and looked down at the map.

Caesar left the building probably to take a leak or something but as soon as he went out he came right back in. " Houston, we have a problem. DOWN!" He yelled and just the a spray off bullets came from the outside and I fell to the ground feeling Barneys hand on my waist as he helped me to the floor. Fragments of wood and glass showered down around us.

My body was practically pressed against Barney's on the ground but I couldn't really think about how awkward it was. We had to find a way out of this building without being killed. Gunnar managed to get to a door on the left side of building a and started shooting at whoever was shooting at as giving us a chance to move.

Barney and I managed to leave through the door on the right and hid behind a car. I positioned my AR-15 and started blasting people away.

" Save your ammo" Barney said and I nodded taking out my Barrett's instead and shot only a few rounds a time.

Barney pulled out a phone thing " Where the hell are you?" Barney asked talking to Lee. I could really hear what Lee said back since the gunshots were too loud.

" The Sengs got us pinned down, hurry up" Barney ordered and just as he said that a huge tiger tank rolled onto the street. " Oh sh*t, they gotta tank" Barney said in the phone.

" Come on let's move" Barney said and I ran after him to take cover behind a different car as the one we were hiding behind got blown to bits from the tank.

We then managed to take cover behind a building and I fired back at them hitting a man in the face. " Christ!" I yelled out as the windows of the building we were hiding behind blew outwards from the tank hitting them.

" I got one left, why not?" He said reloading his gun and turned to face the Seng men and only shoot maybe a couple rounds off before suddenly the Seng men just started dropping. I different shooter started wasting them killing all of them with frightful ease. Two grenades were thrown on top of the tank disabling it.

I rose a brow looking at Barney who looked just as confused as I did. We stopped out from behind the corner of the building looking around for the shooter.

" Aye who did that?!?" Caesar asked loudly.

" Not me I'm out" Gunnar replied.

" Well whoever it was, if they wanted us dead we would be" Barney said looking up at the rooftops for any sign of the shooter.

" Barney? Who is that?" Toal Road asked looking behind Barney and I. I turned around to see a figure appearing from the smoke.

It was a male figure I recognized.

Couldn't believe it was him of all people.

I thought he was dead to be honest.

" Don't freak out" Barney said as he watched the Lone Wolf also known as Booker approached.

" Small world huh Barney?" Booker asked casually while taking off his shades looking us all over. His gaze stopped on me and he looked surprised " Reap, good to see ya, but I thought you worked alone" Booker said curiously while also ushering my nickname.

" Helping these boys for a little while" I told him with a shrug. "I heard you were dead" I said blandly looking back at him.

" Yeah I heard that too" Booker said with a small smirk.

" Wait did you do all this?" Barney asked gesturing or the dozens of dead bodies around them.

" Yeah I fly solo, I thought you knew that" Booker Replied matter of factly. " Yeah I heard it but didn't buy it" Barney said quickly.

" Yeah, well now you do" Booker added.

" This your team?" Booker asked changing the subject. " Yeah Gunnar, Toal Road, Hail Caesar, and it looks like you already know Ferris" Barney explained pointing to us each individually.

" Booker huh? You're the one people call the Lone Wolf?" Gunnar asked randomly. " Yeah I have been called that. But I have mellowed" Booker replied with a also strong sarcastic voice.

" I heard a rumor you were bit by a Cobra?" Barney asked looking at Booker. " Yeah I was, but after five agonizing days, the cobra died" Booker said.

I rose a brow at the statement but the awkward silence soon led to small laughter. Barney even chuckled and embraced Booker in a brotherly hug " It's good to see you man" Barney said patting Booker on the back.

Barney and Booker went to talk somewhere else as I regrouped with the other men counting amo and putting my guns back in place. It was nice to see Booker again, similar to Barney he was kind of an old friend, I mean more of a good acquaintance for me. I had helped him once a while back and he helped me back.

Not soon after a second transport vehicle that Lee had also used to bring more weapons and ammunition, rolled up onto the mostly barren street. Christmas stepped out of the car looking around " What happened?" Lee asking from the side window of the vehicle.

"I'm still alive" Barney answered in a slightly sarcastic way. " Yeah wells that's a matter of opinion. What I miss?" Lee asked wanted answers.

" I'll tell you on the way. Everybody unload the truck and this lets get out of here" Barney ordered looking back at us.

" Looks like Christmas came way late this year" Ceaser said with complete sarcasm to Lee as he walked by. " Yeah I love you too" Lee responded with equal sarcasm.

" Well I'm happy to see you" I said walking by him, my southern accent coming out more than usual. Lee smiled softly " Finally, someone with some class" He said back.

We got into the trucks and I ended up having to sit in between Lee and Barney. It wasn't exactly comfortable being squished in between them but I didn't really mind. I would much rather it be them than Gunnar.