Part 15

Barney pov

Barney was walking up to his room when he heard a soft voice murmuring something. He rose a brow before peeking into Ferriss room " Bronx!..." She muttered in longing tone. Barney took a few step into the room turning on a lamp. " Grenade..." She said softly in an anguished tone. Sweat lined her brow. She sounded like she was having a nightmare.

Barney wasn't exactly sure how to react " Ferris?" he asked out loud awkwardly in an attempt to wake her. She hardly reacted instead she muttered the words " ..Help him....".

He stepped closer to her leaning down. And gently grasping the sides of her arms and shook her trying to get her to wake. " Ferris wake up!" Barney ordered louder and this time her greenish blue eyes suddenly open abruptly staring straight into his dark one. She looked terrified.

Suddenly she wrapped her arms around his neck hugging him and burying her face in his chest. Barney sat down on the bed hugging her back around the waist after a second, he was a little confused. " Ferris? Are you... ok?" He asked softly.

" I had a d-dream about h-him" She stuttered sounding scared. He could feel her pounding heart against his chest.

She released him looking down. Barney was still confused on how to react. " What.... what happened?" Barney asked as he saw her hand go to the jagged scar on her neck. She swallowed "I watched a-as his skin was b-urned off. That grenade..." She explained a little incoherently but Barney figured she was talking about Bronx. Christ.... she watched that happen? Barney had dreams about his teammates who were no longer living but most of the time they died of gun wounds.

Barney made Ferris look up at him and saw stray tears streaking down her pretty face. He quickly wiped them away. " Ferris, it is not your fault" Barney said using her own line that she had told him after Billy's death.

" You are still blaming yourself" He added and Ferris swallowed and brushed the random red pieces of hair out of her face. Looking up at him with big eyes she sniffed.

" Thank you Barney" She said softly with just smallest of thankful smiles. Barney nodded, " You're welcome" He said back.

She laid back down as if to go back to sleep and Barney took that as his cue to leave and stood up but felt a smaller hand catch his before he left. " Can you stay with me?" She asked hopefully. Barney thought for a moment then nodded laying down. Ferris cuddled her smaller form into his side laying her head on his chest. He wondered if Ferris could feel his accelerated heart rate.

He then put his arm around her and closed his eyes.

Wanting to never wake up.

The End

(  But wait! There's more!)