Part 6

" Billy? Where the hell is that kid" Barney asked as they came to a clearing that was swirling with a dust.

When the dust settled all we could see was about a dozen men as well as Billy who was down in his knees in front of the men.

The leader who was a Hispanic looking man with black glasses on walked forward. We all had our weapons trained in him. I had my AR-15 point straight for his heart.

" Drop your weapons" The man ordered looking at us expectantly as if he really believed we would.

" Not a chance" Barney snapped back still with his gun aimed at the man.

" No? Are you sure" The man with black glasses asked looking back at Billy. " I'm sorry sir they were waiting for me" Billy said defeatedly.

" He is a strong soldier" The man said and took a out a large menacing looking knife " Let's see how strong" He added and dragged the knife across Billy's chest leaving a bright read line in its wake.

" No!" Billy yelled out

" You have something that I want" The man said pointing to me with his knife and looked directly at my hand where I held the small box. " You will bring that to me" He ordered " Or I will kill him" He finished gesturing to Billy.

" Don't do nothing he says!" Billy yelled out but one of the henchmen punched him the face. The man with the black sunglasses took out a gun and pointed at Billy's head. Unlike most men Billy didn't act scared or look like he wanted to run away. He faced the gun with confidence.

" When I shoot his head will come off" The man warned. " 3...." he cocked the gun " 2....." he was about to press the trigger!

" He's going to do it" I said softly and Barney heard me. I really didn't want Billy to die, but I had a really bad feeling at the moment.

" Drop them" Barney ordered ordered and slowly put down our weapons. I put my AR-15 on the floor unwillingly bit it was for Billy.

" I'm impressed. Good use of intelligence" The man said and no longer pointed the gun at Billy.

" Bring me the case" The man in glasses ordered. Lee walked forward. " I'll do it" Lee offered and I hesitantly handed him the box and he walked up and gave it to the man, then walked back.

"Respect is everything. Without respect, were just people.

Common *** people" The man claimed and started to walk towards Billy again.

" I'm sorry sir" Billy yelled out loud. " It's not your fault" Barney said back to him attempting to reassure him.

" What now?" Barney asked loudly.

"We're both fighting men. And i respect that. And fighting men, don't deserve to be killed like sheep. But... Respect must be taught. Lie down with your face on the ground until we leave.Don't challenge me" The man ordered and I looked to Barney for orders.

" Get down" Barney ordered against his will and slowly we each got down to the ground. I could feel my heart pounding as it always does when I felt like I was bout to die.

I couldn't hear what the man in glasses was saying to Billy because the helicopter behind them was starting up. Suddenly one of the henchmen held a knife over Billy's chest and the man in black glasses slammed it into his chest. " Billy!" Barney yelled out just as the helicopter took off we sprinted to Billy.

Barney kneeled down and I did the same on his other side and looked at the wound the knife the man had inflicted and it was easily fatal. " I'm dyeing" Billy said with blood coming out to his mouth.

" Don't talk Billy" I said and attempt to try and help him but it was futile he was going to die. The knife was way to close to his heart.

" Cut his hands loose" Barney ordered looking down at poor Billy and put pressure on his wound in an attempt to stop the bleeeding.

" Letter, in my.... pocket" Billy said weakly and Barney opened up one of his pockets a pulled out a folded piece of paper.

" Ok kid I got it" Barney said looking back down at Billy and as soon as Billy saw the letter he took one last breath and then exhaled while closing his eyes.

The entire team went silent after Billy died for a few moments as we all stood back up looking down at Billy's dead body. I felt sadness wash over me, he didn't deserve to die. He was to young, he wasn't innocent but he didn't derive this. He wasn't supposed to die.

I looked to Barney who looked right back at me " What was in that case?" He asked me sternly in absolute seriousness.

" Barney I can't te- Bullsh** what was in that case!?!" Barney asked louder interrupting me and grasping my arm. Lee looked like he was about to step in to get Barney off of me but I glared right back into Barneys eyes but sighed realizing I should go ahead and just tell him.

"A computer... Blueprint of a mine" I answered back looking at him still. He released my arm as if he was scared of touching me. " A mine? What mine?" Barney asked back curiously.

"The russians stored nearly 5 tons of weapons grade Plutonium. The mine was abandoned after the cold war. No one knows its there. The Blueprints show where the Plutonium is stored. We want to stop it before it gets in the wrong hands. From our estimates there is enough plutonium in the mine to wipe countries off the face of the planet" I explained stepping away from him and brushing my red hair out of my face that had come loose from the pony tail.

Barney looked down " The kid died so some dirtbag could make bombs" Barney said softly with remorse.

" I'm sorry, I really am.... he didn't deserve to die" I said looking down at Billy.

" Not as sorry as I am" Barney replied softly.

Lee came up from behind up and put a hand on both of our shoulders. " Lets take care of him" Lee said and I nodded in agreement. Over the next hour we did our best to clean up Billys body and made a makeshift grave. It was rather quiet the whole time. Hardly any words were spoken. Once we were done we all stood around Billy's grave.

Barney took out the letter and began to read it " Dear Sofia, I wish i could find something to do besides missing you, but i can't. The team's treating me good. We got each other's back's. And i want you to know that wherever i wind up, I'll be wanting the very best for you. If some miracle happens and I come back again. I hope I am still your man. Much love, Billy." Barney read aloud as we all held out heads in vigil. I might not have known this team or Billy for very long. In fact I just met them today. But I still consciously thought that Billy shouldn't have died.

" What's the message in that?" Barney said re creasing the letter and putting it in his pocket. "Billy didn't deserve to die while we remain" Barney added.

No one said anything back as we stood vigil.

Later on we left Billy's grave to go back to the plane. It was silent most of the way there and I walked along side Toal Road and Ceaser.

Once we got back to the plane Lee looked to Barney " What's the plan?" He asked seriously.

" Hunt him, Find him, and kill him" Barney said in a deeper more terrifying tone than usual.