Part 10

Barney divided us up around the village giving everyone other than me a zone. I was supposed to "help" him. Gosh didn't this guy understand that I didn't need someone else to take care of me. Infact I was still arguing about it with him right now. I may have warmed up to him and kind of liked him but I still didn't depend on him all that much.

" Barney you realize I can take care of myself?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest as we stayed hidden inside a building on the edge of the village to look out for the Seng men.

" I know you told me, but if you get hurt it comes back on us" Barney replied absently as if he really didn't care as he sat on the window ceal of the building. But I could see right through that.

" You are no longer under Churchs orders, the fact you are even going after Vilian wasn't part of Churchs plans" I argued with my southern accent coming out. A muscle in my jaw strained as it always did when something aggravated me.

However Barney just looked back at with me with his dark eyes. " Ferris Church told me specifically to make sure you don't get hurt. That was part of our deal. You get hurt we get thrown into a prison for the rest of our little lives" Barney told me.

" Oh really?" I said kind of wondering why Church would order that specifically.

" Look...." Barney said standing up and approaching me but I stood my ground staring into his eyes defiantly just like I would to any other man. "I just really don't want you to get hurt" Barney confessed looking down. He actually sounded like he was telling the truth.

I wasn't used to people actually caring about me. I really hadn't had anyone care since.... Bronx.

I didn't really even know how to respond. I took a breath " Thank you Barney, but let's have an agreement here. If you got my back I got yours" I said looking into his dark eyes.

He nodded in agreement but our moment was interrupted by the sudden sound of gunshots. We went to the doorway and peeked out and saw Sengs men positioned just outside the door and Gunnar was not to far away shooting at them. I got my AR-15 ready, positioning myself at a window and then Barney and I started attacking from behind. We must have mowed down about half a dozen men before they returned fire.

I kneeled down so that the cement walls would provide protection from the bullets. I decided to take out my Barrettas that would be far more easy to shoot in this position.

I fired quickly at two men hitting one in the chest and the other in the neck causing them to immediately drop. I shot several more with the help of Gunnar and Barney.

Barney must have left through the front door because I saw him beating up one of Sengs men but there was another man. One who had already been shot and had a limp and was coming up behind Barney with a knife. Gunnar had his back turned to Barney so I hopped out of the building through the window that's glass had already been blown to bits by bullets.

" Barney!" I yelled to get his attention as I took aim at the man approaching Barney from behind and fired off three rounds. The first bullet hit his arm, the third missed him by a little, but the third found its mark. Right through his face.

Barney turned in surprise as he finished bashing the skull of a different man into the floor. He looked at me and I smirked " I guess I wasn't the one who needed protection after all" I said with a broad smirk. Barney looked like he was about to say something back when he suddenly rose his gun in my direction. At first I thought he was shooting at me but the bullets he fired ended up going to directly left of me.

I looked there and saw a man now dead holding a knife. He must have been sneaking up on me.

" What was that Ferris?" Barney asked with a smile. I rolled my eyes but still smiled.

" Y'all two done flirting?" Toal Roads familiar voice spoke up. I turned to see him and Caesar walking towards us. Gunnar showed up not to soon after.

Suddenly a man came from behind a corner holding a shotgun. " There's one more!" Barney announced loudly and we all basically starting shooting him full of rounds until his stomach and face looked like nothing but dark red jello.

" Rest in pieces!" 

Just day three and I am at part ten, whhhhhaaaatttttt. 

Star and comment :)