Part 14

I woke up at around half passed 9 in Barneys bed. At first I was confused why I was in someone else's been but then yesterday events came but to me. The party, the beer, the kiss.

I yawned stretching my hands above my head trying to wake up. I hadn't really dreamed of anything last night, normally had dreamed of older missions and would even have the worst of nightmares sometimes. However I was normally good at hiding my night terrors. I didn't sleep like those people in the movies who thrashed around in their sleep. The most I normally did was talk in my sleep.

I rubbed my eyes walking to Barneys bathroom and washed my face and attempted to brush out my red mess of hair. However, my tries came up unsuccessful and I just left it messy. I would take a shower later. My head was throbbing somewhat from the beer I drank last night but it was tolerable. I was used to pain anyway.

I walked down the spiral staircase to see Barney sleeping. While against the contrary belief that Barney didn't sleep, he actually did. He must have stayed up later than I did because he was passed out with an empty beer bottle actually his feet. He looked peaceful so I decided to not wake him.

I walked over to an old fridge that I think used to be white but was now a dingy grey color from age. There really wasn't much of anything in there so I grabbed the milk carton, the cereal on top of the fridge and poured it into a small plastic bowl.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one awake because Tool came stumbling up towards where I was eating my cereal peacefully. " Hey hot stuff, awake already huh?" Tool asked with asked goofy smile.

I smirked, " Yeah Barney let me sleep in his bed" I explained to him asked took a bite of my cereal. It wasn't actually that bad.

Tool chuckled " Yeah Barney must like you" Tool said with the same grin on his face. My cheeks flushed pink. Even though I knew Barney liked me, I mean not be be prude or anything, but normally a man who doesn't like you doesn't just allow you to kiss him and use his bed for the night.

" Yeah a four year old could see that" I said back with a smile. " Yeah Barney finally scored big" Tool said almost sounding proud making my giggle very uncharacteristically.

After a couple more minutes of me and Tool talking Barney woke up. He sleepily walked over to us " Good morning" He said softly in his low baritone and rubbed his face.

" Good morning sleeping beauty. " Took said sarcastically causing Barney to roll his eyes.

" How did you sleep?" Barney asked refraining from saying anything back to Tool. " Pretty good to be honest,your bed is pretty comfortable" I said a little awkward with my cheeks still being kind of pink.

Barney nodded and went to make himself some coffee with Tool in his wake.

For the next week and half Ferris began to settle in. Barney had decided to give the team a two week break after the Vilain mission. Most of them were happy about it. Barney and I renovated the third room, cleaning it out. It was strange to be acting like normal human beings but I had to admit it was a nice change. However, I knew the taste for guns and the bullets would soon come back drawing me back into a mission.

Although, I would enjoy the break as it lasted. Barney and I bought a new bed, dresser, and a comfy plum colored arm chair. I loved arm chairs. It was quite fun.

I got to know the team quite a bit more. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I would go weight lift with Hale and Ceaser. They were actually pretty funny guys especially when we made fun of Hales ears. I would also compete with Christmas in knife throwing, while might have been able to easily beat his accuracy with a gun he kicked my butt most of time when it came to knives. But sometimes I actually won. I also gave Lee girl advice to use with his girlfriend Lacey. While Gunnar didn't try and hook up with me any more he was still flirty at times.

However, out of all of them I still felt closest to Barney. There was something about him that had immediately drawn me towards him. We were pretty similar to be honest, I mean not just in the ensemble that we were both mercenaries but we both liked a lot of the same things. Like we both rooted for the NFL Dallas Cowboys (Dak is the bomb), loved to eat Italian and Southern food, and we both enjoyed old rock music. The list actually goes on but I won't bore you.

We had kissed a quite few times and once I even fell asleep cuddled into his side causing Tool to poke fun at us. While some of you may be wondering why he hadn't already screwed each other yeah neither of us are quite like that. I have only known him for two weeks people!

Anyway, I was just going to sleep in my new bedroom. Barney, strangely enough really didn't use his bed all that much. He didn't go to sleep till late and a lot of the times I found him sleeping on the red couch or in the tattoo seat. I on the other hand loved my new bed that had a soft crimson red comforter with black designs.

I went to sleep comfortably but I fell into a dream lapse that..... I hadn't had in a long while. However my brain always reminded me just when I thought I could fully move on. The worst day of my life...

--Dream--

Bronx and I were high tailing it out of that Tunisia hell hole to the rendezvous helicopter that was just half a click out. After we nailed Abdul his body guards started to attack viciously. However, there were far more bodyguards than we had expected. There must have been nearly 4 to 5 dozen.

We managed to get out of the weapons base but I was tackled to the ground. Bronx was occupied with kill the rest of the body guards that started pouring out of the base like a mob of zombies but with two machine guns Bronx mowed them down easily. The African man must have been twice my size who had me pinned down and brought out a knife and went for my throats but at the last possible second.

I pushed his hand away from my throat and slipped a knife into his liver but the tip of his dagger still managed to drag up the side of my throat. Immediately the irony taste of blood came into my mouth. My hands went to my neck applying pressure as the sticky red liquid ran down my neck. My head felt dizzy.

It wasn't terribly deep and didn't hit my jugular but it was deep enough to cause bad bleeding. The big man was then pulled off of me and I saw Bronx who looked terrified. I hardly ever saw him scared of something but his blue eyes looked down at me with fear.

He dragged me behind a large tree trunk and tree while also shooting at the Africans to keep them at bay. He ripped off the hem of his shirt pressing it up against my wound. He was telling me something but through all the gunshots and the blood drumming in my temples I couldn't hear him.

He helped me to my feet as we began to stumble towards the rendezvous point. He was practically carrying me as we tried desperately to get to the helicopter that was in now in eye sight. We took cover going from tree to tree trying to evade the bullets . The thickness of the trees played to our advantage. We were nearly there and two men came out of the helicopter shooting at the Africans behind us, helping me onto the helicopter. They also said something to me but I still couldn't hear them.

I still had my hands at my throat as a medic came up beside me on the helicopter. I looked back to see Bronx and the two other men shooting back at the Africans.

Suddenly a bullet caught Bronx in the leg causing him to fall. I nearly screamed but that caused more blood to come out of my neck making me cough violently but I didn't dare stop looking at Bronx. I was about to pass out from blood loss when Bronx started to limp towards the helicopter keeping low but a grenade landed at his feet.

I watched as his skin was seared from his body and he was blown backward.

He was dead.

--End of Dream--

" Ferris! Wake up!"