Part 7

Time skip too when they are holed all up in that old building.

After the past day or two Lee, Barney and Ferris had been working on getting information from locals. So far they hadn't found a whole bunch of useful information.

At the specific moment they were approaching an seemingly empty town. The only person not present was Lee who was out getting a transport vehicle. It was eerily silent in the town, as if everyone who had lived there has just decided to pick up and leave all of a sudden. All the buildings were grey and dull looking making the place almost seem black white.

" What the hell is this place?" Ceaser asked questionably looking around skeptically. " It looks to be an old soviet army base. Most likely used during the cold war in the 80s. They probably practiced attacks against the U.S. here" I explained to him with a bit of my southern accent coming out.

Barney rose a brow " Is there anything you don't know?" Barney asked with a small smile that I didn't normally get to see. I simply shrugged returning the smile " Maybe ,maybe not" I said innocently.

The sun was starting set as we got maybe halfway through the city. Barney stopped and looked at some of buildings.

" We will go ahead and set up camp in there" Barney announced gesturing towards one of the many rundown buildings. This one specifically didn't look as bad as the rest.

We entered and starting setting up a makeshift camp that we would use for the night. We would meet up with Lee in the morning.

I took my own corner that was across from Barney who sat next to one of the windows just maybe five yards away. I mean it wasn't like I pulled out a blanket or anything I just finally had the opportunity to lay down my AR-15 and give my arms a rest. I sat on top of a large ,sturdy plastic brown crate that allowed me to lean against the wall with my legs pulled in.

I also took out my two Barrettas and looked down at the sleek pistol. I traced my finger over the engraving that spelled out the name Bronx that went along the side of the barrel on the gun. The memories of my earlier missions, back when I had a partner rushed through my mind. Like an old tape. When we would eat that good southern food after a mission.Getting to tease him about girls. All those good times we had had. How we always had each other's backs. It made me smile just thinking about it.

However, my smile quickly faded when I remembered it was all gone.

Not a day went by I didn't miss him as I continued to trace the already engraved name.

However I completely failed to sense the presence that had appeared next to me. " What's that mean?" A familiar deep Italian voiced asked curiously pulling me strict out of my thoughts. I nearly jumped off of the crate from surprise but I quickly regained my cool.

" What does Bronx mean?" I asked making sure that was what he had asked and tried keeping my voice even. Barney his head nodded yes.

I shrugged not really wanting to tell him. I mean I honestly didn't like telling people in general. It wasn't some big dark secret it just..... I didn't like talking about it.

" It's a name" I replied but he obviously didn't believe me. " Why don't you tell me what it really means" He said looking at me dead straight in the eyes.

I sighed realizing it was futile to even attempt try and not tell him. " These were his guns" I admitted looking down not wanting to have to face his strong gaze.

Barney didn't say anything, he could most likely tell this was not exactly something I wanted to speak about but he pressed on. " Was he your partner. The one you talked about on the plane?" Barney asked. So he had been listening to me on the plane. I kind of regretted talking about it on the plane but honestly I think I really just needed to tell someone about what happen. I was the kind of person to keep everything bottled up inside, so was Barney.

" Yeah he was. His name was Bronx Lucas" I replied and my hand went to the scar that ran up my neck subconsciously. I remembered getting that scar the same day Bronx died. The pain I felt then was nothing compared to how I felt after Bronx died.

" He must have meant a lot to you. I understand" Barney said also looking down now. I figured he was no stranger to very close friends friends dieing either.

" He meant more than alot" I answered looking back up at him. Barneys facial expression didn't change at all, then again his facial expression never changes anyway, but something told me he believed me.

" May he rest in piece" Barney said and put a hand on my shoulder in a friendly gesture. I smiled softly as he left and a warm feeling spread throughout my body.