2. First Day

Dedicated to winx1348 for her beautiful story, Until I Met You. One of my personal favorites on wattpad and the move for this story was inspired by Until I Met You. Check it out and Vote for her in the watty's for Romance: On The Rise. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dani, Lizzy! Breakfast’s ready!”

“Okay, coming!” I yelled downstairs.

Today’s the day. It’s the first day at my and Lizzy’s new school: Central High School. It wasn’t exactly a prestigious high school, but it was well known around the area. Although I was slightly nervous from having to fit into some pre-established cliques in the school, I was excited to be the new kid. I spent the summer watching movies and reading books about life in high school. I wasn’t exactly the ‘outgoing type’ in high school and I was determined to change that. I also got a chance to talk to our neighbor’s son, Noah. I only talked to him a couple times but he seemed like a nice guy. Plus, we were in the same grade so maybe he could help me get used to school.

“DANIIIII!!!!!!!” I jumped out of my skin from the scream. It sounded like a banshee. It’s still the morning though … and in broad daylight? It can’t be- “DANIIII!!!” I gulped before I turning around. There she was. Standing right there before me with frizzed hair pointing in all directions, the goddess of death.

“I don’t want to die!!!”

She stood looking at me, confused. “What?”

I opened my eyes and cautiously peeked at the figure. “Lizzy? What are you doing here?” She was wearing a cute floral skirt paired with a nice blouse that showed off her collarbone.

“Dani, do my hair. Please.” She gave me her best puppy dog look. I didn’t exactly fall for that trap but her hair was a mess. She looked like Merida from Brave, except with dark brown hair. Plus, she didn’t really fit the Disney princess role. I seated her down in front of my beige vanity and grabbed a comb and brush from the table. After I managed to tame the big poofy mess, I started styling it.

I loved styling my sister’s hair; it made her happy and it made me happy too. Ever since she was little she begged me to make her look like a princess so I managed to get the skills to do so. When she was eight, she begged me to cut her hair. Apparently, I did such a stellar job that my mom asked me to cut her’s as well. I didn’t complain, it saved us a lot of money by cutting at home instead of going to the salon. My dad, however, didn’t want to take chances and went to the barber every year. I didn’t take offense to it and I don’t blame him. Who knows what would happen if I cut a guy’s hair?

“Okay. Done.”

Lizzy squealed and hugged me tight before running out of my room. “Thanks, Dani!!!” I styled her hair into cascading curls that were put up into a pretty half updo. I finished the look off with a floral headband.

Now that Lizzy’s hair was done, it was time to get started on my hair. I stared at myself in the mirror. Like Lizzy’s, my hair was brown. Instead of drying frizzy, my hair dried pretty straight. I wanted to curl my hair too and put it into an updo that showed my sophisticated side. I wanted to make a good impression on my fellow schoolmates. As I grabbed my already heated curling iron, I started curling my hair. After a couple seconds, I got annoyed and gave up on the whole idea of styling my hair. This happened often. The final result would be a ponytail. No questions asked. I’m pretty sure if I went downstairs with something other than a ponytail, my parents and Lizzy would be surprised.

I was just going to go with the comfortable look for the first day of school. I didn’t want to seem like I tried too hard so I just wore a grey hoodie and jeans. I double-checked my school supplies as I climbed down the stairs. I went through all the scenarios that could happen in school today in my head.