14. First Trip

~Daniel’s POV~

“Wow it’s huge!” She went from one room to another. “Oh my gosh!” I laughed. She was way too excited but I wasn’t complaining. I was glad to be able to make her this happy. She came out from one of the rooms and peeked her head out. “Daniel it’s huge!”

“Haha, I know.” She smiled at me and I did the same. I stared at her tiny body. Compared to me, she was puny. She wasn’t skinny, but just right. She was wearing white shorts and a yellow tank top. Her hair was wrapped into a messy bun on the top of her head and sunglasses were placed on top of her head.

“Take a picture. It lasts longer.” She winked at me, smirking.

“Hey! That’s my line!”

“You were staring!”

“That’s because you’re gorgeous, Danielle.” She blushed as I walked over to her. I put my hands next to her head on the wall and leaned in closer. She closed her eyes when the distance was less than three centimeters. I pulled my head back and grabbed the flower headpiece from my back pocket. I placed it gently on her head and waited for her to open her eyes.

“Wait what?” She looked at me confused. I pointed to her head and her hands followed suit. “What’s this?” She took it off her head and examined it. It was a head wreath with various variations of baby’s breath in different colors. She smiled and looked up at me, “Thanks, Daniel.” I took the wreath from her hands and placed it on top of her head once again. Her hands went up to adjust it and touched mines accidentally. She blushed. Without warning, I leaned in to peck her on the lips.

“It reminded me of you. I thought it was pretty when I saw it and I thought it’d look great on you. It does.”

“Daniel Sanders likes pretty flowers! Whoa!” She smirked and faked a surprised expression, opening her mouth into an ‘o’ shape.

“Hey! Flowers are manly, okay? I’m a manly man!” I flexed my arm muscles and turned around in different positions. She laughed. I loved that laugh. It was carefree and liberating to hear.

“Yep. You’re a manly man alright.” She put her arms around me and put her face to my chest. “You’re my manly man.”

“And you’re my girly girl.” I hugged her back and put my face into her hair. She smelled like the flowers that we in her hair and like vanilla. I pulled back slightly. “Hey Danielle?”

“Hmm?”

“Why don’t you call me Danny like everyone else?”

She pulled back and pouted. “What if I don’t want to be like everyone else?”

I pulled her in into a tighter embrace. “That’s great. You’re great.”

“Mmm… Then why don’t you call me Dani like everyone else?”

“What if I don’t want to be like everyone else?” I mocked. She gave me a flat look. “Okay, okay. I just like Danielle better. It sounds pretty and innocent and that’s who you are, right? You’re not just Dani, you’re Danielle. If I called you Dani it would be like I only liked that part of your name. I love Danielle in all entirety so I shall call you Danielle.” I put my nose to her and gazed into her eyes. “I love you, Danielle.” She giggled and her hot breath tickled my lips.

“I love you, too.” She said. In that moment, life was bliss.

“Wait. So we’re NOT going to the beach? Why were we at a beach house then?” She asked. We were in the car travelling to our next destination.