3. First Challenge

Dedicated to EmilytheReader for another great story, Tame. Check it out and vote for her in the watty's for Romance: Most Popular! There are two characters that appear later on in this story that I named after the two main characters of Tame. I'll dedicate that chapter to Emily again when that time comes because I honestly think it's the cutest moment in the book. ♥

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hello Danielle.”

“Hello Danny.”

“I thought I’d wait for you to come outside so I could receive my payment.”

“I thought I already-” He grabbed my wrists, securing me in place.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear, “That’s not what I meant by ‘paying with your body’, Danielle.” I shivered as his hot breath caressed my ears.

“What do you want, then?” He must have sensed the annoyance in my voice and backed away. A look of surprise appeared on his face for a brief second. Then he leaned down and placed his lips on top of mine. I struggled to break free but his grasp on my wrists were too strong. I could hear Lexi gasp from behind me and the gasps of onlookers as well. When he finally broke the kiss, I was red from anger and frustration.

“What did you do that for?”

“Since it was my first time getting my hair cut by a girl,” He smirked and continued, “I’m going to take away all of your firsts.” Then he pointed at me. Specifically, my lips. “Starting with that.” He had a stupid smirk on his face that I wanted to smack off. Before I could charge at him, Lexi held me back.

“What are you doing, Lexi?” I whispered angrily. She shook her head and gestured to the side. Claire and her crew were watching us, waiting for what we’d do next. Understanding her motives, I silently thanked Lexi and calmed myself down. Still smirking, Danny turned around and threw an arm in the air.

“See you around, Daaaaaaanielle.” He said in a singsong voice.

What did I get myself into.

The next day.

“Listen up, everybody!” Mr. Fields was at the front of the classroom. Everyone averted their gazes to him. “We need to vote for our class representatives since Back to School night is coming up and we need to assign duties to everyone. Is anyone interested in being class rep?” Silence filled the room and everyone was immobile. I actually thought about being class rep but I wanted to focus more on studying for the SATs and ACTs. Being class rep would be a great responsibility and I didn’t want that extra burden on my shoulder.

“Mr. Fields! I nominate Danielle as class rep!” Wait, what?

“That’s a great idea, Jenny. Now we just need a boy for the other class rep.”

“Wait, Mr. Fields! I don’t want to be-”

“It’s a great opportunity for you to get to know the other students, Danielle. Anyone for the other class rep?” I reluctantly walked up to the front of the classroom. What happened to being a democracy? I located the Jenny girl and she was snickering at me.

“I’ll do it, Mr. Fields.” Daniel Sanders’ voice broke through the classroom. There were some gasps and surprised looks.

“Daniel? Okay. Great. You two will be in charge of coming up with ideas for our advisory’s back to school night presentation. Everyone needs to be a part of it! I’ll be looking forward to what you guys come up with.”