17. First Visit

“Excuse me, do you have anything that’s astronomy related?”

“Please come with me. I’ll show you the astronomy section.”

I was in Toys ‘R Us. Why? I was looking for a gift for Daniel. It’s been a couple weeks since my birthday and his birthday was coming up. It was nice being the same age for a couple of weeks but he was about to be older than be once again.

“Here you are, miss. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.”

“Thanks!”

I looked around the astronomy section to find something that he might like. There were some puzzles of constellations. Those are better for other occasions, not his birthday. Then I saw it. A 3-D Moon puzzle was displayed in the center of the astronomy section. This would be perfect! There was only one set left. Lucky me! I reached to get the box when a woman tried to snatch it out of my hands.

“I’m sorry but can I take this? It’s my son’s birthday soon, you see…”

“Sorry but I’m getting this for my boyfriend’s birthday. He really loves astronomy.”

“Oh my! My son loves astronomy too! You know what. You keep it. I’ll just wait until they restock it next week. He’s mad at me so I don’t think he’ll accept it anyway..”

I imagined a child getting mad at her and rejecting to talk to her. This would be the only way to make him happy again if he loves astronomy. I couldn’t just ruin their relationship because of my stupid greed! I’ll just find another present for him!

“Actually, you can have it. I hope he has a great birthday and that he forgives you. Good luck!” I smiled at her and she thanked me graciously.

“Thank you so much!” She waved ecstatically and left to go pay. I smiled and waved back and headed out to leave too.

Wait. I STILL DIDN’T BUY THE PRESENT.

I took a puzzle and a mini projector and bought them. The projector projected constellations on ceilings and would be like the view we get at the planetarium. The puzzle was of the different zodiac constellations. I bought them both in case he’d laugh at the puzzle (which is most likely). To be honest, I was interested in the puzzles but since I gave the moon puzzle away, I had to settle for these 2D puzzles, not that I minded. Puzzles were fun.

The next day.

Ding dong.

Daniel opened the door and welcomed me in. “So what are you here for today?” He leaned in to whisper into my ear, “Did you want my body that badly?” I pushed him away and went into his room.

“I’m here for something else,” I said flatly.

“Oh?” He was leaning against the wall opposite me. “Then what are you here for?”

I walked up to him and crashed my lips onto his. Before he could kiss back, I pulled away. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!” I ran away from him to the opposite side of the room.

“Danielle, … you … tease…” He charged after me and I ran around and over his bed, dodging him. After a while, he managed to predict my movements and catch me. He pulled me down onto the bed and kissed me passionately.

“Okay so I have two presents. Do you want to see the better one or the worse one?”

“Let’s see the better one first.” I pulled out the projector and turned off the lights before turning the projector on. Constellations were displayed across the ceiling. “Wow,” Daniel pulled me close to him on the bed. “This is great. Thanks. I love it.” He kissed me on my temple.