4. First Date

Dedicated to echoingyourname for her story, Eccentric Souls. She's still working on it but I can tell it's going to be great! Check it out! 

---------------------------------------

Saturday morning.

“What time is it…” I glanced groggily at the clock. 10:55 AM. “Crap!” My date with Daniel was today at 12. It didn’t take me long to get dressed because I wasn’t like the other girls. I would just put my clothes on, wash my face, and head out. That wasn’t the problem. The problem was what I was going to wear! Even though Lizzy gave me the lecture of picking out my clothes,  I didn’t pick it out last night. I went into Lizzy’s room and rummaged through her closet. I picked out some cute skirts and tops and took them into my room.

“Too short.”

“Too tight.”

“Can’t even fit in these!”

All of Lizzy’s clothes either didn’t fit me or they were too tight and short. I decided to just wear my own clothes in the end. I rummaged through my closet and found a Despicable Me T-shirt and pulled on some jeans. I put my hair in a ponytail again because I was running out of time and we all know I would get angry from the curling iron in the end. I told my parents I was going out before I put on my sneakers and headed out.

~Danny’s POV~

We decided to meet up in a park. I came a bit early so I stood against the fountain and waited for her. I was able to relax for a couple seconds before people started commenting about me.

“Is he a model?”

“He’s SO hot!”

I sighed and brushed my hair back with one hand. I remembered how she cut my hair. She was so gentle; I barely felt it happening. I wasn’t really angry about her cutting my hair. I honestly liked this haircut and she was right about it being perfect. It fit my face perfectly. It’s just that if I let this go, people at school would bother her instead of me even if I told them not to. To prevent that from happening, I asked her out on this date. She couldn’t tell I was trying to protect her and kept refusing going on a date with me. I actually had to practically beg her to go on this date with me.

“Excuse me, are you a model?” I snapped out of my thoughts and diverted my attention to the girl in front of me. She had a nice body and her hair was flowing down her back.

“No, I’m not.” I smiled at her and she squealed in delight and jumped up and down next to her friend. I couldn’t really walk away because then they’d follow me. I could just smile and wave at them when they see me.

“Are you here alone?”

“Hey, do you know that girl? She’s been staring at us…” I looked to where they were pointing and saw her. She was wearing a yellow t-shirt and jeans. There was a face on the shirt: a minion’s bulging eyes and toothy smile. I tried to contain my laughter as I dismissed the girls that were fawning over me.

“She’s my date.” The girls gasped and watched as I walked toward her. “Hey there.”

“Oh. Good morning.”

I ruffled her hair. “It’s the afternoon now, stupid.” She glared at me and then opened her mouth to ask, “Where are we going?” I put my hand over her shoulder and whispered into her ear, “It’s a secret~”

Our first destination: the movies.

I started, “So what do you want to watch? I want to watch ‘Spring Breakers’. I heard Selena Gomez and the others are in bikini tops most of the time-”