15. First Shock

Dedicated to SomeoneLovesYou because I used the synopsis of Just One Night in this chapter and it was a great read! 

---------------------------------------------------------------

He didn’t enjoy the date as much as I did. He was tired of me. He wanted to break up with me. He hated me.

I found my way to a bench near the carousel. I sat down and sobbed. I winced in the pain. Stupid shoes, I thought.

“Danielle!” Darnit! He found me already! I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked down. “Danielle! Why did you run away?” I didn’t answer him and continued looking down. He bent down and looked up at me. “Danielle… what’s wrong?” I looked away and he followed my gaze, stepping back into my field of vision every time. “Danieeeeellee. Danielle! Danieelle! Danielle! Danielle, look at me. Please.” I cracked a smile at his silliness and then quickly put the small smile away. He noticed and beamed. He took out something from a small plastic bag. Then he took my shoes off.

“Ow!”

“Just bare with it for a moment, okay?” He took out the contents from the bag: a first aid kit, bandaids, and a pair of Wally World slippers. I winced in pain. “Sorry! Sorry!” He blew on my blisters and I smiled at his care for me. He continued dabbing more lightly and applied ointment before putting on some bandaids. When he was finished, he took my foot in his hand and placed the slipper on my foot. “This isn’t exactly a glass slipper, but you’ll have to deal with it.” He smirked.

“How did you know?”

“You were limping half the way and I saw you rubbing your feet when I went to get food.”

“Oh.”

“Look, Danielle. I only suggested we’d go home because you were in so much pain. It was hurting me, too.” He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck. “But if you still want to, we can go on the ferris wheel.”

“Thanks, Daniel.” I smiled softly at him and felt the butterflies erupting in my stomach. He took my hand and led me slowly to the ferris wheel.

The ride in the ferris wheel was silent. Daniel and I were seated on opposite sides. By now, the sun was setting. I gazed out the window and stole a couple glances of Daniel every now and then. He was looking out the window as well. When we were close to the top of the ferris wheel, I shifted over to his side of the cart and sat down next to him.

“Whoa. Danielle? What’s wrong?”

Emotions filled inside of me as I recalled all the times Daniel saved me and cared for me: the time he sang and danced with me at The Ball, the time he found me a fairy princess, the time he gave my dad a great impression, and this trip. He did all of those things for me. But what did I do for him? All I did was get mad and sad at the little things. I only misunderstood him. He understood me completely but all I did was misunderstand him. I owed him a lot.

“Danielle? Are you-”

As we hit the top of the ferris wheel, I silenced him with a kiss. I didn’t really know how to do it; it was my first time initiating the kiss. My cheeks were hot and I tried my best. Daniel’s eyes widened in surprise but slowly closed and enjoyed my kiss. When I was done, I backed away from him and watched him for a reaction.

“You’re going to need more practice, Danielle.” He chuckled and I smacked him in the arm. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his chest, hugging me close. “I told you we’ll take it slow, Danielle. I don’t mind.” My heart was beating fast and I was sure he could hear my heart beating against his hard chest. He pushed me away and I crinkled my eyebrows in confusion. “I’ll teach you, step by step.” He put his lips onto mines and started moving his lips slowly in a continuous motion. I followed suit. Then he licked my lips and I shivered. I felt him chuckle and I pulled away. “Sorry. I didn’t expect you to shiver like that.” He smiled sheepishly and pushed some of my hair behind my ear. “It’s cute.” I blushed as he came closer for another kiss. This time when he licked my lips I opened my mouth for an entrance. His tongue trailed my lips and entered my mouth. I let out a whimper and I felt Daniel chuckle again. He put his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I put my hands behind his head and felt his hair. It was really soft. He pulled away for a second, allowing me some breathing time and then continued. This time, I mimicked his actions and licked his lips. His mouth opened and allowed for my entry. I explored his mouth and he let out a soft moan. I grabbed his hair, and he let out another soft moan. Unable to contain my laughter, I pulled away and laughed.