Two Shades Of Love {9}

“She got me sittin at a bar on the inside waitin for my ride on the outside! She stole my heart in the trailer park so I jacked the keys to her fuckin car, and crashed that piece of shit and then stepped away,” we all sang, clapping along as JJ strummed on a guitar.

                “Hey with the language!” Max said with a frown as he walked into the house. “Aw, but it’s a good song Maxi!” Noah cried. JJ rolled his eyes and set the guitar down. He slung an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him. I rested my head on his shoulder happily.

                “Oh! Hi Pat,” Max said, noticing him. “I haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?” Pat smiled shyly. “I’ve been okay, Uncle Max,” he said with a slight shrug.

                “Well that’s good. By the way JJ, we’ve got Pierce and his family coming over tonight along with Owen and his wife,” Max said and moved into the kitchen.

                “Yea, get in the kitchen you stupid bitch!” Noah cried. He yelped and ducked as Max threw a box of crackers and a loaf of bread at him. “I better go help him,” he mumbled and went into the kitchen.

                “God, my parents are idiots,” JJ said, shaking his head. “So are you,” I said and kissed him. He grinned and hugged me tightly. “I’m your idiot. Just don’t break my heart in the trailer park,” he said and kissed me gently.

                The doorbell rang and Noah answered. Pierce came in with his wife and three kids. “Here’s a brat for you, a brat for you, hell, a brat for everyone!” Pierce cheered and dropped Richie into Gabe’s lap. Gabe laughed and hugged the little boy.

                Pierce came over to JJ. “Watch the crazy mother fucker with my kids,” he whispered. JJ’s face paled a little. “He wouldn’t hurt them, Pierce,” he whispered shakily. Pierce shrugged. “Not taking any chances. Those are my kids. Just keep an eye on him, okay?” JJ nodded.

                I grabbed his hand when Pierce walked away. “Hey, it’ll be okay. His parents will be here too,” I said quietly as Pat’s parents came through the door and waved at us before joining the other adults in the kitchen. “Yea,” JJ mumbled and pressed his lips to mine.

                “Ew! Fagets,” Ripper said, sticking his tongue out at us. “Yea, so was your dad,” JJ shot. “Hey! Leave me out of this!” Pierce cried, poking his head into the room and pouting.

                “Seriously Pierce, don’t even try to tell me you never banged a guy when you were our age,” JJ said and laughed. Pierce smirked. “His name was Max,” he said with wink. JJ made a disgusted face. “Aw gross, Uncle Pierce!” he whined.

                Pierce laughed. “Nah, though none of those guys talk to me anymore. Let’s see…Oh, Andre. He was the worst. Kid hated me after we dated,” he said with a sigh. “Pierce, that’s because you fucked his two best friends while you were dating him!” Owen’s voice called.

                Pierce smirked. “It’s a surprise I’m married. Keep it in your pants, kids!” he said with a wink before disappearing back into the kitchen.

                “Well that was disturbing,” Gabe said simply and we all nodded in agreement. “Okay, trying to wipe the imaging of Pierce and Max together from my mind,” JJ grumbled and shook his head. He shoved me off of himself and stood up. I raised an eyebrow and he hugged me. “To my room?” he offered and the other kids all nodded and got up. We went upstairs to JJ’s room with him.

                Pat and Gabe sat down on JJ’s bed, Gabe holding Richie in his arms. I sat down on JJ’s chair with him and Ripper sat on the floor. Ozzy went over to Pat and bit his lip nervously. “Can I sit with you Patrick?” he asked, his voice so silent I could barely hear him.

                Pat smiled and nodded, pulling the little kid onto his lap. JJ had once told me that Ozzy had always looked up to Pat for some reason. I guess Pat had always been really nice to him.

                Even now, Pat whispered something to him that made him giggle. “See? He’s okay,” JJ whispered to me. I nodded. He did seem okay.

                Max called us down for dinner and we all got up, Pat and Gabe carrying Ozzy and Richie. We went downstairs and sat around the table, eating and talking.

                “So Pat, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you. How have you been?” Pierce asked. Pat shrugged and poked at his food, suddenly looking uninterested in it. “I’ve been okay,” he said. “Pat, don’t play with your food. Just eat it,” his dad said.

                “Sorry dad,” Pat said and scooped his food into his mouth. Pierce turned to me and JJ. “You bastards have been together forever. When are you breaking up?” he asked and Max nudged him and glared.

                “Sorry Uncle Pierce; we’re not like you. We’re going to stay together,” JJ said, his voice simple yet fierce. “Oh shit. A kid just burned me,” Pierce said with a frown.

                “That’s my boy!” Max said proudly. “Actually, I’m his boy,” JJ said and pointed at me. “Ew. Max can have you,” I said and JJ pouted.

                “They remind me of this couple I knew when I was a teenager…some scene fag and a rich boy,” Owen said thoughtfully. Max rolled his eyes. “I wasn’t rich and Noah wasn’t scene,” he said, but smiled at me and JJ.

                JJ grabbed my hand and I smiled softly and went back to eating my dinner. “Hey! The kids should spend the night,” Noah said with a bright smile.

                “Not my kids. They’re too little to be smoking weed and cigarettes like your kids,” Pierce said and his wife hit his arm. “Stop it!” she said in annoyance.

                “Hey! Pat doesn’t do that anymore,” Owen whined. Pat nodded eagerly. “But yea, I’d be more than happy to leave these idiots here,” Owen said with a smirk. Noah glanced at me. “What about you, Milo? You up to stay the night?” he asked and I nodded happily. This would be fun.