Two Shades Of Love {30} END

“So he’s really gone?” JJ asked quietly as we sat in his room with Gabe and Felix. Gabe nodded, his eyes like that of a frightened and confused child. “It all happened so fast. Dad said he’s not brining Pat home for at least 5 years. He and mom won’t talk to each other. I’m scared for them,” he whimpered.

                JJ put an arm around him comfortingly. He was holding my good hand, too. Felix sighed sadly. “I have to tell you guys something,” he whispered.

                We looked at him curiously and he bit his lip. “I slept with Pat,” he said quietly. We all stared at him in shock. JJ kept telling me how he was positive Felix liked Pat but…I never dreamt he would sleep with Pat. Pat was insane.

                Felix nodded, his face going a slight shade of red. His eye was black and his arm had bruises in the shape of fingers from when his parents found out he had gotten high. JJ had talked to them, though, and they had decided to take it easy on Felix and help him instead of hurt him.

                “The night we got high together, we ended up sleeping with each other. He…He cried in his sleep that night. He was terrified. He was having a nightmare. I felt so terrible for him. I really loved him,” he said softly.

                “This is better for him. He needs help. He could’ve killed someone. He would’ve. We have to keep that in mind,” JJ said and squeezed my hand, leaning over and gently kissing me.

                “My brother,” Gabe whimpered before starting to cry. JJ hugged him tightly, and Gabe cried on his shoulder. Felix and I watched sympathetically.

                This whole mess wasn’t anyone’s fault. Pat had been crazy, and he had most likely just been born that way. It wasn’t his fault or his family’s. There was nothing that could have been done. No matter what, his mental health would have deteriorated eventually.

                After a while, JJ and I returned to his house. We laid on his bed together. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me deeply. “I love you so much Milo,” he whispered.

                I smiled and rested my head on his chest. “I love you too JJ,” I said truthfully. I bent my head up so that I could kiss him.

                “I can’t believe Felix and Pat slept with each other,” he said with a sigh and I nodded in agreement. That one was definitely a shocker.

                I closed my eyes and JJ gently stroked my hair. “Go to sleep Milo. You look so tired. I love you so much,” he whispered and kissed my forehead. Despite everything, I felt a small smile come to my face as I began to fall asleep, safe and in the arms of the love of my life.

                                                                                ***2 Years Later***

                “OW! Son of a bitch!” JJ whined and rubbed the back of his head. Felix smirked at him and shrugged innocently. He pointed at me. “Milo did it!” he cried and jumped to hide behind me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at him.

                JJ bent down and picked up the baseball that Felix had thrown at his head. “I’m going to kill you Felix,” JJ grumbled.

                “Kill the game, not the player!” Felix whined and came out from behind me. “That doesn’t make sense,” JJ said and tossed the baseball away from him.

                I went over to him and he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me lovingly. “See? Milo’s nice to me,” he said with a smile. “Because I love you. Otherwise I’d probably be a complete asshole too,” I said with a shrug before kissing him again.

                “Hey guys!” We looked over as Gabe called out to us. He turned and gave a short wave. “Thanks for the ride dad. Bye,” he said. Owen waved at us before heading back to his car. He and his wife had aged terribly since sending Pat away.

                “Car’s a bust?” JJ guessed. “Out of gas,” Gabe said and laughed. He had also aged, though nowhere near as greatly as his parents had. He kept a better face than they did, too. He could laugh and smile, despite the intense pain he felt from the loss of his brother.

                Felix had been doing well. He had slipped back into a drug addiction for a little after Pat got sent away again, but his parents had worked with him and he was much better now.

                Patrick’s parents hadn’t brought him home since sending him away, and they were determined to keep it that way no matter how badly it hurt them. They had separated for a few months, but were back together now.

                Me and JJ? We were doing great. We had made love, cuddled, kissed, gone on dates, and just been happy together. We were so in love, and it had been nearly 3 years since we had started dating.

                I smiled at JJ and he smiled back. We kissed lovingly and I hugged him. “I love you JJ,” I said with a small smile. “I love you too Milo,” he whispered happily. There would be hard times in the future, but I was positive that we had beaten the worst of it. JJ and I were in love, and it would stay that way forever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.N.- Story's over :p What did you guys think? What do you think of Pat? :p