Two Shades Of Love {21}

“Hi Milo,” I said with a smile as he arrived at JJ’s house. “Hi everyone,” he mumbled shyly, not looking at JJ. JJ grabbed my hand nervously.

                “Well, are we going swimming or what?” Gabe asked, slinging a towel over his shoulder and looking at all of us as we shrugged.

                We went outside and jumped in JJ’s pool. I swam over to Milo and offered him a reassuring smile. “Hey, lighten up,” I said. He sighed and shrugged. “It’s just awkward,” he mumbled. Oh not for long Milo.

                I swam back over to JJ and smiled at him. He leaned down and kissed me gently. “Be nice to him, JJ,” I said innocently and nodded at Milo as he talked to Felix.

                “It’s just so weird,” he said with a sigh. I hugged him tightly and he smiled at me. Our parents were sitting, drinking, and talking just like I had hoped. I knew my dad was here just in case I blacked out again.

                But that wouldn’t be the case this time.

                JJ grabbed some rings and threw them underwater for everyone to retrieve. “Hey Milo, race you to the last one,” I said, swimming next to him. He shrugged and nodded. We dove under together, goggles on our faces.

                We reached the ring at the same time and I grabbed his wrist, flipping over so that it looked like he was on top of me. He tried to pull away from me and I kicked to make it look like I was struggling to get away from him. Make it look like he was trying to drown me. Perfect.

                I opened my mouth and let bubbles go flying out, making it look like I was trying to come up for air. Milo struggled to get his hands free, making it look like he was holding me down.

                I felt Milo being knocked off me and then I was being pulled to the surface. I choked out water and gasped for air as my head broke above the surface. I heard Milo come up and gasp for breath a second later.

                “Pat! Are you okay?” my dad cried. I realized I was in his arms. “Dad, he tried to drown me,” I choked out and my dad swam over to the shallow end and hugged me tightly.

                I looked over and saw JJ glaring at Milo. He and my dad must have knocked Milo off of me. I had to force myself not to grin triumphantly. My plan had worked. They really thought Milo had tried to drown me in the pool.

                “Pat! Is he okay?” mom cried, standing near the edge of the pool with Max and Noah. Fear was on everyone’s faces. I made myself start shaking and clutched my dad tightly.

                “He’s okay. He’s just scared,” he said and stroked my hair. He picked me up and carried me out of the pool. He sat me down and wrapped a towel around me, hugging me again.

                “What the fuck is wrong with you Milo? What the fuck?” JJ screamed. His dads didn’t flip on him for his language. They just watched nervously.

                “He was holding me under!” Milo cried. “I didn’t try to drown him! I swear JJ!” he cried desperately. JJ shoved him and he stumbled back and nearly slipped under the water.

                “JJ…I didn’t try to drown him!” Milo cried, tears springing to his eyes. He looked around at everyone with desperate eyes. “I wouldn’t do that. I didn’t do that,” he whimpered.

                “You jealous, sick minded son a bitch. You tried to hurt my son,” dad whispered shakily. “GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!” he screamed and Milo cringed back. “Mr. Cash I didn’t! He was holding me underwater!” Milo cried.

                “Pat wouldn’t do that!” dad screamed and hugged me tightly. “Get out of here Milo! And don’t you ever come back! You better watch yourself,” JJ snarled and clenched his fists tightly.

                Milo slowly got out of the pool. He looked at me with terrified eyes. His eyes slipped to from JJ to my dad. “I just hope you guys know you saved my life, not his,” he whispered before grabbing his towel and walking away from JJ’s house.

                JJ, Gabe, and Felix got out and came over to me. “Are you okay?” JJ asked in concern and I nodded. He kissed my cheek and grabbed my hand.

                “Don’t worry Patrick. We’ll get him back,” Gabe whispered and JJ and Felix nodded in agreement. I mentally smirked. It was all over for Milo. JJ was mine, and Milo was officially out of the picture now. I had won. And if he tried to come back, he would regret it.