Two Shades Of Love {25}

“Hi JJ,” Milo said as he came in my house. “Hi Milo,” I mumbled and hugged him tightly, needing to feel him in my arms. I was still terrified by the fact that Pat had tried to rape me.

                “JJ what’s wrong? Did Pat do something?” he asked in concern. “I…Milo he…” my voice broke off and I looked away from him in shame.

                “JJ, what did he do to you?” Milo asked gently, forcing me to look into his eyes. “Milo…he tried to rape me,” I whimpered. Milo froze and paled. He wrapped his arms around me tightly. “You have to tell,” he whispered.

                “Milo, no!” I cried, He looked into my eyes and nodded. “Okay,” he whispered. I leaned down and kissed him deeply, pulling him close to me.

                He opened his mouth, letting my tongue in. He wrapped his arms around my neck. I took comfort in this. This was welcome. Pat was not.

                “Hey! Back it up!” Noah said and pulled us apart. “There’s a 12 year old in the house. Keep it G,” he said and jokingly shoved me. I sighed. “Shut up Noah. Don’t act like you and Max were innocent when you dated,” I grumbled.

                He smirked. “Oh, we weren’t. I mean once we even…held hands. We were badass kids,” he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes and took Milo’s hand in mine. I kissed him gently and sighed. “Are we still going out to dinner?” I asked.

                Noah nodded and I glanced at Milo. Noah rolled his eyes at us. “No JJ, you can’t bring your boyfriend to dinner with us. We don’t like him,” he said sarcastically. “Oh shut up,” I grumbled and he ruffled my hair.

                “Go get your brother and meet us in the car,” Noah said and I nodded and pulled Milo upstairs with me. We knocked on Connor’s door and he opened it curiously.

                “Yea JJ?” he asked. “Come on. We’re going out to eat,” I said and slung my arm around his shoulders. He smiled happily and the three of us walked downstairs and outside together. We got in the car with my dads and Kenz.

                My dads drove us to a restaurant and we went inside and were seated, the waiter eyeing us all with distaste. Homophobic asshole. We can be with whoever the hell we want to be with. Leave us all alone.

                The waiter took our drink orders and left us to view our menus. I took Milo’s hand and kissed him gently. He smiled at me and rested his head on my shoulder as he scanned his menus.

                “Oh ew, we have to sit next to them?”

                I looked over and paled. Owen, Pat, Gabe, and Marissa. Pat glared at Milo and I in hate as the rest of his family sat down at the table across from ours. “Pat, honey, sit down,” Marissa said, grabbing his arm and gently pulling him down next to her.

                “Go away! Our family time! Nuuu!” Noah whined and swatted his hands at them. “Noah, be a big boy,” Max said, rolling his eyes and thumping Noah on the back of the head. Noah pouted and Milo and I laughed.

                “Grow the hell up Noah,” Owen said and laughed. I looked back at Pat and found my eyes locked on him. He terrified me so much. And yet…I felt terrible for him. It wasn’t his fault he did all these bad things. He really couldn’t help it.

                “Stop staring at me before I kick your ass!” Pat snapped, noticing me. “Patrick!” Owen and Marissa said sternly, glaring at him.

                “Sorry Pat,” I mumbled and looked away. Milo shot me a concerned look and I kissed him gently, squeezing his hand.

                “Fuck you Milo!” Pat snapped, getting the attention of a few people around. “Patrick!” Owen snapped. “Shut up you piece of shit!” Pat growled.

                Owen stood up and grabbed Pat by the arm. He forced him up and Pat began to struggle. “Let me go you fucker!” he cried, getting even more attention. Owen glanced apologetically at all the people now staring.

                “Stop it! You’re too old to be making a scene Patrick!” he hissed. “Let go of me dad!” Pat snapped, punching at Owen. Owen forced him out of the restaurant.

                Marissa was blushing deeply. Gabe’s face had paled and he sunk down in his seat. The people that had been staring went back to eating and talking. I squeezed Milo’s hand again.

                “Sorry about that,” Marissa said to us. I shrugged, acting as if it didn’t matter. The waiter came and took our food order. Milo, Connor, Kenz, and I started up a game of hangman on a napkin, laughing together as we played. Max and Noah began to talk about who knows what.

                I heard Marissa gasp and looked up, my face instantly growing pale. Owen walked in with Pat following behind him, his head bent. Owen’s nose was bleeding violently.

                He sat down next to Gabe and took a napkin, holding it under his nose. Pat sat next to Marissa, his head still hanging. “I didn’t mean to hurt him,” he mumbled, guilt in his voice. But I saw his eyes. There was no guilt in them.

                “I know you didn’t, Pat. It’s okay. It was an accident. I scared you. I’m sorry,” Owen said, his eyes sliding over to Milo and I. It hadn’t been an accident, but he didn’t want to start a fight with his wife.

                Marissa put an arm around Pat. “Are you okay Owen?” she asked and he shrugged and nodded. “I’ll be fine,” he said.

                Pat turned to us. His eyes locked on mine, and I saw a cold satisfaction in them. He had wanted to hurt his father. His dad was on our side. He didn’t like that. But his eyes clearly told me that Milo and I were next, and he wasn’t going to be as gentle with us.