Chapter 3

*Ryder's POV- 1 week later*

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

I woke up and groaned. I grabbed the phone off of my nightstand. 6:35. Great. I open up the text message from Addie.

'Hey girlie! You and Harry have your first date today! He's going to pick you up from your photoshoot, Elizabeth has the dress you'll wear afterwards. Remember, she doesn't know this is fake, nobody does but both your managements. Have fun today!'

The drive home last week had been awkward. We just sat there in an awkward silence in his black Range Rover, neither of us wanting to strike up a conversation.

I sighed, not looking forward to spending more time with him especially after I'm already tired from an early morning shoot. The shoot starts at 7, so I guess its good I woke up when I did. Here we go with another day.

-After Shoot-

The shoot was boring, just another shoot for some small company. it wasn't dresses today, which surprised me. Instead, it was jeans and sweaters, a winter line, which was shot in the spring. Great planning.

"Come on, Ryder! We have to get you ready for your date!" Elizabeth squealed. I internally sighed, but on the outside, I plastered a large smile on my face, willing myself to be dragged by Elizabeth to change and have my makeup done again.

I changed into a gold and white striped, sleeveless dress with a turquoise little purse. I had on white flats and my dirty blonde hair hung naturally past my shoulders in waves. I had gold bracelets going up my arm and my makeup was natural, how I normal would have it.

    I stood outside the building where the shoot took place, waiting for Harry. Soon enough, the black Range Rover pulled up to the curb. Harry jumped out of the drivers side, running up to me.

     "Sorry, I know I'm late," he said, coming over and kissing my cheek. I nodded towards him.

     "It's okay, I didn't wait that long," I told him. I suppose I might as well make this as painless as possible, so I went with the act.

     "You look amazing," he said, gesturing to my outfit. He's good at this whole acting thing, I'll give him that. I smiled.

     "Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself."

     "Shall we?" He opened the passenger door for me.

      "We shall." He closed my door for me after I got in. He ran over to his own side, closing the door and starting the car. The second both doors were closed, the fake smile fell from my face, not worried about anyone seeing, since the windows are tinted.

     We sat in silence for a while before I broke it. "You're good at this. The whole acting thing." I told him.

     "I've been doing for a while. I would hope I would be good at it by now." And there's the moody Harry I know. After a few minutes more of silence he looked over at me. "What's the deal with you and your manager, Addie? You just, bow down to her commands."

     I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You wouldn't understand."

     He rolled his eyes and parked the car. I realized we had reached a small café towards the outskirts of town. He plastered a fake smile on his face and opened his door, coming around and opening mine. He grabbed my hand and helped me out. I smiled back at him, forcibly.

     We got to a table outside and pulled out our menus. I could see some people with cameras snapping pictures of us, making me slightly uncomfortable. Harry must have seen them as well because he reached across the table and grabbed my hand. For some reason, I took comfort in his touch. It reminded me that he was forced into this as much as I was, and probably felt the exact same way I did. It made me feel bad for snapping at him earlier.

     A waiter came over and took our drink orders before walking off. I already knew I was getting a sandwich, so I didn't have to look at much.

     "Addie adopted me when I was five." I said quietly. Harry's eyes snapped over to me, former to how he had been glancing around beforehand. I mindlessly started playing with our fingers, intertwining them and taking them apart, repeating the action a couple of times. I could see a tiny smile form on Harry's face at the action.

     "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," he said. I shook my head.

     "You might as well know. Addie was my nanny since I was really little. When I was five, my parents were caught in a shooting. They both died. Addie took me in, made me legally her daughter. She has always been a manager for models, and people always went on about how beautiful I was, so I wanted to become one. I did and she became my manager, along with my legal mum." I sighed, looking down.

     "I'm sorry, Ryder. I didn't know about your parents," Harry spoke up. I shrugged.

     "It's been fifteen years now. I've grown used to it."

     "I couldn't imagine not having my mum. She's always been there for me." I smiled at Harry's confession.

     "Oh, is Mr. Harry Styles a mumma's boy?" I teased. He chuckled, squeezing my hand.

     "Oh, hush." I just laughed.

-After Date-

     We got back in his Range Rover, driving off towards my house. I honestly found out that Harry wasn't that bad. I suppose. But looking at his face, which had no expression, made me think it was all an act.

     My suspicions were confirmed when we pulled up to my house.

     "Would you like to come in?" I asked him politely. He raised his eyebrow at me and looked at me like I was crazy.

     "And why would I want to do that?" he asked. "Look, nobody's here. You can cut the act now, you don't have to act like we're friends, when we're barely even acquaintances for that matter, at least when we aren't in front of people."

     "Jeez, I was just being polite," I mumbled.

     "Whatever. Addie will text you the details for our next 'date'." He put air quotes around 'date.' He unlocked the doors to his truck. I quickly got out, closing the door behind me.

     He drove off before I was even to my door.