Chapter 33

A/N: HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIALL!

(Time skip to when the boys are writing their new album, around six months later)

*Harry Styles' POV*

"Okay, Niall, that was good, go over the second verse again, though." Niall nods in response to the sound tech assistants words. He puts the noise canceling headphones on, going over his part again in the new song.

"Are you still going to go through with writing that song for Ryder?" Louis asks me from the other couch. I nod my head, pulling my notebook out with song lyrics and tossing it to him.

"Yeah, but I don't have very much yet," I explain to them. They nod in understanding, flipping to the bookmarked page."

"'For Your Eyes Only.' Interesting," Louis says. Liam laughs.

"Do we want to know the lyrics?" he chuckles. Louis chokes on a laugh.

"Oh shut it," I grin, shoving his shoulder. "It's supposed to be a romantic thing. It's not my fault I couldn't think of any other lyrics yet," I explain. They both shake their heads as they look through the lyrics, smiles on their faces.

They read for a bit before turning to me. "It's good, Haz," Liam starts. I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I can feel a but coming on," I say. He shrugs.

"It's just a minor thing that I noticed. How about instead of 'You're the only that I give my heart,' we try to tie it more into seeing? Like, I'm showing you who I am sorta thing?" he suggests. I nod my head, thinking it over.

"Right, okay, yeah. So how do we-"

"How do we what?" Niall asks, coming and sitting down next to me. "They need you in the booth for 'Olivia,' Harry," he tells me. I get up from my seat, going into the booth.

"Just go through your solo once and you should be good to go, Harry. Unless you like, forget the lyrics or something," Paul tells me. I roll my eyes, putting the headphones on to block them all out.

It takes about twenty minutes before I finish the recording. I kept getting distracted by the boys passing my notebook around, working on ideas.

"So, what've we got?" I ask them as I sit back down.

"So, we tied it back into the whole seeing thing, we came up with 'For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart,'" he tells me. I nod my head, taking my notebook back. The three of them had made notes in the margins of what they would change.

"Ryder doesn't know you're doing this, does she?" Niall questions. I shake my head.

"Nope. I'm just glad management is letting me do it," I tell them. They all nod in response.

"So, we were thinking, you know how at the beginning it's talking about flying home to her?" Louis asks me. I nod. "Well, what if the title was something about flying, that way it doesn't sound so...suggestive?" he says, obviously holding in a laugh. "Not that we don't write suggestive songs, it just doesn't shout 'ROMANCE,' to me." I roll my eyes, shoving his shoulder.

"Sounds good, jerk," I mutter. The boys all laugh. "Let's finish this."

*Ryder Styles' POV*

"Ryder, you are lucky you have remained on this company as long as you have with that stunt of yours back in May! Now, if you don't straighten up and actually listen to what we are telling you, I can promise you it isn't going to be pretty!" Jack exclaims, jabbing his finger in my face. I scoff, shoving it to the side.

"Do not point your finger at me. It's very rude," I tell him. "Besides, it's not my fault that you want me to be doing shoots with nearly naked guys that I don't even know! So I'm sorry that I don't want to be doing your stupid slut shows! I'm not going to be in pictures with some guy that isn't my husband while I'm wearing nothing but a freaking thong and bra!" I exclaim. He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Ryder, it is your job! You model clothes that we tell you to model. You can't let personal relationships get in the way of work," he tells me.

"How about my self respect? Can that get in the way of my job? Because frankly, I have too much respect for myself to do that!" I say. He lowers his hands, planting them firmly on the table.

"Nothing should get in the way of your work, ever," he tells me. I shrug.

"Look, I'm sorry that I'm not comfortable in those outfits enough to do shoots in them, but I'm not. I was covered more in the Victoria's Secret fashion show than in what you are trying to put me in," I say. He shakes his head.

"You're walking on eggshells here, Ryder," he warns. I shake my head.

"I won't do it," I tell him. I can see Addie shake her head from the corner of my eye, giving me a warning. I ignore her.

"Then you're fired," Jack says, turning away from me. I freeze.

"W-What?" I stutter.

"If you can't do what we ask of you, then you're fired," he tells me, still not turning to face me. I feel tears well up in my eyes. I can't do this shoot, it wouldn't be right to Harry.

And the thing is, this is my choice, Harry never told me not to do these shoots. He actually doesn't know that I've been refusing them for the past six months when they're offered to me. I only accept the shoots where I'm wearing actual clothes. I just have too much respect for my relationship with Harry to do it.

"Well? What is it going to be? Are you doing the shoot or...?"Jack trails off. I shakily stand to my feet, causing him to turn and face me.

"Have fun finding someone to replace me," I say, my voice coming off more powerfully than I expected.

I walk out of the building with tears streaming down my face. Everything I had ever worked for is gone, all because I wouldn't do a couple of shoots.

I got into the car, going to the only place I know would bring me comfort: Harry.

*Harry Styles' POV*

"So that's the chorus, what should be after that?" I ask the boys. They flip through our notes from the past verses.

"Well, we could do-"

"Mr. Styles? Your girlfriend is here."

"Send her in," I tell the receptionist at the door. I look at the boys with wide eyes, shoving everything back into the notebook, throwing it to Niall. "Do something with it! Hide it!" I hiss at him frantically. He nods his head, looking around the room for a hiding place.

"I can hear her coming, Harry," Louis warns. "She's moving fast."

"Oh, f*ck it," Niall says, shoving the book into the waistband of his pants, laying across one of the couches on his side. Louis and Liam laugh, covering it with their hands.

"Harry?"

I turn around, looking towards my wife. Her face has tear stains going down it, her mascara running and her face blotchy. Her voice is barely above a whimper, but I still hear it.

"Ryder? Baby, are you okay?" I cautiously ask. She covers her mouth as a sob escapes her, running into my arms. "Sh, it's okay, it's okay, you're alright," I shush her, smoothing down her hair.

"I got fired," she chokes out. I tighten my arms around her, pressing a kiss to the crown of her head.

"Sh, you're okay. I'm here," I tell her. "It's going to be alright."

As the boys watch with cautious eyes, I can't help but wonder, why did they fire her?