Chapter 23

*Harry's POV*

       "Ready?" I ask her, holding my hand out to her. She yawns and nods, taking my hand. I guide her out of her house and over to my Range Rover, helping her into the passenger side.

       "Where do I park your car where I leave the airport?" Ryder asks sleepily, leaning against the window. I shrug.

       "You can use it while I'm away, if you promise you won't crash it," I tell her. She chuckles and rolls her eyes.

       "Oh yes, you know me, reckless driver," she winks. I laugh and shake my head, taking her hand from across the gear shift. She grins and squeezes my hand, watching the road beside me. "I'm gonna miss you," she sighs, resting her head against my arm. I squeeze her hand in response, humming.

       "We'll still Skype and stuff. Only three months before the first break and then I come home. Then five more after that," I tell her. She nods again, then throwing her free hand up in aggravation.

       "I don't get that! Like, it's an eight month tour, why does it stop at three months for a break and not four?" she asks, exasperated. I look over at her solemnly.

       "So we can break up..." I trailed off. Her mouth formed an 'O' shape before she sadly nodded her head.

       "Right. That'll be right about the four month mark," she said. I nodded my head, focusing back on the road as I drove in silence.

-At the Airport-

       "You ready for this?!" Niall cheered upon seeing me. I nodded my head in response, wondering how we could have this much energy this early in the morning. He looked around, his smile falling at all the couples surrounding him. He groans, pulling a sad face. "I need a girlfriend!" he whined. I laughed, as well as Ryder. He grinned, throwing his arm over his shoulder. "I have Ryder, right?" he asked, winking down at her. She laughs and nods her head. I gasp and start humming 'Steal My Girl.' All the lads start laughing at me.

       "Everybody wanna steal my guy, everybody wanna take his heart away. Couple billion in the whole wide world, find another cause he belongs to me," Ryder sings out. I look at her in shock, as well as all the other lads and their girlfriends.

       "I didn't know you could sing!" I exclaimed, looking at her with wide eyes. She raises an eyebrow.

       "Cause I can't. That's just me joking around," she says. We all just look at her bewildered. Her face reddens as Perrie speaks.

       "Ryder, why don't you sing?! That was good!" she exclaims. Ryder just shrugs, knocking Niall's arm from her shoulder.

       "I don't know," she says sheepishly. "I've never considered it, I guess."

       All at once, the lads and the girls all started speaking. She laughed and held her hands out, stopping the chatter.

       "Guys! I stand in front of a camera and get paid. I'm good," she says nonchalantly. We all laugh and go back to our individual conversations. She comes to stand back next to me as Niall goes to talk to Liam and Sophia.

        "That really was amazing," I told her, wrapping my arms loosely around her waist. She shrugs her shoulders.

       "Like I said, never thought anything about it," she says. I nod and look over her shoulder, seeing Zayn and Perrie coming over to us. Ryder smiles and breaks out of our embrace to hug Perrie.

       "I haven't seen you in so long!" she squeals. I roll my eyes with Zayn as the girls start to catch up. I turn to my bandmate.

       "Zayn?" I catch his attention quietly. He looks over at me, raising his eyebrows.

       "Yeah, mate?"

       "What's it like being, you know...?" I trail off. He slowly shakes his head.

       "Can't say I do. Being what? Me? Wonderful. Thanks for asking," he says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him and shake my head.

       "No. Being...engaged," I said the last part extremely quiet. Zayn puts his ear towards my face in a joking manner.

       "Come again? I couldn't hear you," he says. I groan and lean down to reach his ear.

       "Engaged."

       He backs up abruptly. His eyes were wide as he looked from me to Ryder.

       "Harry...you're not thinking of proposing, are you?!"

*Ryder's POV*

      "Boys! Jet's ready!" Paul calls. We all look towards him. The girls and I separate from the huddle we had formed a few minutes before and go to our respectful boyfriends.

       "I'll miss you," I tell Harry as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He wraps his around my waist as well, holding me against him.

       "I'll miss you as well," he says. He presses a kiss to the crown of my hair. I smile into his chest as I pull back enough to see his face.

       "Three months?"

       "Three months. Then I'm all yours for three whole weeks," he tells me. I nod my head and he exhales nervously. "I want you to meet my family," he says. I freeze in his arms. He stands there, nervously looking at me for a reaction. I shakily nod my head.

     "Okay," I said. He smiles and kisses my head again.

      "Okay."

       "Boys!" Paul calls out again. I frown and tighten my grip around Harry's neck. He sighs and sends me a small smile.

       "Three months."

       "Three months," I reply, grabbing his face between my hands and crushing my lips upon his. He smiles into the kiss as our lips move ins sync.  I can barely hear the others in the background awing at us, but I tune them out, to busy to concentrate on them.

       He pulls away regretfully, a sad smile gracing his lips.

       "Three months. I love you," he tells me. I peck his lips once more.

       "I love you."

       I let him go, watching as he and all the other boys head towards the jet, pecking Niall on the cheek as he passes me and hugging the other boys. They all say their goodbyes and head towards the plane.

       I was about to turn around so I didn't have to see him leave, but Perrie grabs my arm and drags me into the group of girlfriends.

       "What's going on?" I ask them. They all smile at me through their misty tears, Eleanor throwing her arm over my shoulder.

       "It's tradition," she says simply. I watch as all the boys turn on the steps of the jet, facing towards us.

       "Love you!" the boys all call to us in sync. We all laugh and shout it back in unison. Eleanor and I watch as Louis grabs Harry's hand to stop him from falling past the railing as he loses his footing, barely catching himself in time.

       "Larry is real?" Eleanor looks at me. I laugh and nod. We both turn towards them as Louis places his hands on Harry's shoulders to balance him.

       "LARRY IS REAL!" we both shout. Both the boys turn to glare at us as Niall cackles with laughter.

       "Love you too, knucklehead," Harry says, pointed at me. I just smile and wave sweetly at him.

       "Love you. Now go away," I grin. He rolls his eyes and with one last wave, the boys all board their jet, leaving all of us girls misty eyes and already missing our boys.